Texture for the animals?

I was recently playing Oort until the game updated with the chisel updates. Although there was something missing from the change log. Textures on our favourite animal!
Sorry, I cant get a picture but hopefully you noticed!
:doug:
:chester: :lester:

1 Like

Here is a picture!

Out first creature (Doug) is a bit of an experiment, mainly to test our art pipeline. He’s going to be undergoing a full facelift at some point soon, so we didn’t want to give him the spotlight just yet :smile: Get ready for Doug 2.0 and friends!

4 Likes

How dynamic is it possible to animate creatures? like blinking, fur slightly moving realistically and those stuff, i imagine its quite hard but are there some easy shortcuts you guys can use to make something like that?

It’s obviously possible, but a high art cost. This is a: 40 simple creatures vs 4 super-detailed and dynamic creatures kind of decision. We favour breadth and variety over fur and facial animations.

Also once you do one to that quality, you have to do all of them to that quality (as you’ve set a standard). This would mean a much higher cost adding anything.

4 Likes

Ah yeah. indeed, thanks for answering :smiley:

He looks like someone I know… I think its the eyes

then do it like WoW: If everything runs good and you don’t know what to do with the game, begin to rework the artworks ;D … I go fine with simple creatures when the depth of the game is enlarged by that circumstance :wink:

1 Like

This sound like some weird cartoon. :doug:

yeah the standard of art can be raised in time when there isn’t much more important things left to do, or simply when you have the time and money for it, for me gameplay is far more important than graphics :smiley:

1 Like

I’d prefer loads of animals instead of very few detailed ones! :chester: :lester: :doug:

3 Likes

but they do need better animations and not jsut stationary

1 Like

Animations are a given. New animator joined the team last week, we’re working on them now. Realistic fur isn’t on the list :wink:

3 Likes

I hope it is on the “might be considered sometime in the (far) future” - list^^