That horribly hilarious moment when your son

…Reveals what he has been doing with the compacted combustion…

So my son has struggled with the game so far due to his disabilities but thanks to @Jaidic and @Jiivita, who have been amazing and helped us with some simple macros for him he is having even more fun.

A little back story here.
For the last month or so my son has struggled playing due to the complexity of boundless’s system. There are so many amazing options but it is hard for him to enjoy them. Early on he found out he liked farming and spam watched Jiivita’s video guides and we helped him set up some farms. Both organic and inorganic.

His biggest farm with well over 3k+ combustion (It has been a while since I counted last), mixed rates, happens to be his favorite. So he spends his time growing combustion particles and Kindling shred while he gathers peaty soil to compact and use as a fuel. He will not use the combustion as a fuel, no idea why, he prefers peaty soil. I think its due to giving him something to focus on while he waits.

With us finally breaking down and asking the community for help with some simple movement macros, the positivity and assistance here we thought. ‘Hey lets see about making him a little shop?’ We knew he had made well over 9k compacted combustion and a bit of the hard coal infused.

We just moved and expanded our little hub so we hadn’t really been paying attention while we were organizing. After talking things over we started trying to pull together what he had made and planned to explain the shop baskets to him… But we could only find one ss Compacted combustion and about 150 hard coal infused. So Drey finally asked him after a while where he had been putting the compacted combustion stacks.

We thought we misplaced it… But the truth was even better…

His response was simple. “The Minter…”

28 Likes

All you need to do is add the @ in front of their name :blush:

That is a lot simpler then I was expecting. Thank you!

1 Like

I spoke to @Dreyma the other day at my gleam farm and she mentioned the combustion that your son was making and I was like let’s talk when your ready IL buy it all lol.
Damn minter beat me to it.

On a positive note she mentioned that your son finds my gleam farm design easy to use and that made my day

1 Like

That’s better than the time my daughter stole one of my RR feathers and stuck it in her shop for 500 coins. 500 seemed like a big number to her at the time…

9 Likes

She mentioned that! Which is why we were trying to gather things about and finally go through with the plan. XD Teach him the value of a coin in game. Haha… The minter was hungry!

We managed to save some, but we showed him how much more he could make and he has already decided on his store name XD

He absolutely loves your gleam farm! it is easy for him to use without falling to his death or struggling to get back up. The ramp made him super excited and the way the levels were set up. He has a blast. Even before we got him some usable macros for movement.

1 Like

Oh lordy… Even I have seen the prices on those little buggers. For the most part he doesn’t touch things he didn’t make so we are safe on trophies. I would have probably died for a little bit.

So I make custom farms for people and if ever your son wants one I’d be glad to build him something, no cost or material needed. I’d provide everything including seeds. I’m willing to help in whatever capacity, wether building him a farm or helping out with seeds.

4 Likes

Right now @jiivita and @jaidic have done an amazing job of helping him be able to play the game to it’s full potential. They are both amazingly wonderful players in the community.

Right now he is currently planning his farm design and just made a new character. Since he can actually play now he wants to do a character without our help. I think the only seeds he doesn’t have a lot of are the kindling so if you know anyone selling them at a good price he would love to know.

Now if you are really good with aesthetic tips and tricks he would love you for days. Currently he feels his farms are blocky and ugly.

4 Likes

Omg nooo :joy:

I was hoping he made some sort of build but not this

1 Like

It was a… Lovely surprise hahaha

2 Likes

LOL, reminds me when I found my son throwing out oort so he could carry more leather. “I don’t run any portals, Dad. I don’t need oort.”

8 Likes

Noooooooooooo stop hurting me lmao :laughing:

4 Likes

I am lucky my son knows that if he didn’t grow it or make it to ask. He also can’t go out hunting or anything just yet so we don’t have any oopsies during hunts.

1 Like

We are not going to talk about what happened to the goo kernels. :rofl:

5 Likes

I usually check most of the planets weekly to see if there are kindling seeds and it’s few and far between and usually over 250 each which is expensive but I still can help. I have a pretty huge kindling and combustion farm , they are set up so I can harvest a crop everyday. So I get from 20-50 kindling seeds everyday after harvest and I’m willing to give him some. I have a spare crop from my extras that should be ready in a few days which will be over 300 kindling seeds, it’s not much but willing to give it to you guys. Plus whatever extra seeds i get after that Im willing to share with him. Just let me know where and when is a good time to find your guys.

2 Likes

I have 900 Kindling in storage not being used that I am happy to donate.

1 Like

That would be amazing. His combustion farm is like that, but he wants it bigger so we have been working on that. It gives him a way he feels he can contribute.

We got lucky and had bought him some Kindling seeds initially at 100 but I guess there wasn’t an exo for a while they could be found on. Maybe? I am not sue as we have just started venturing to Exo planets. Definitely were not ready when the last one popped up.

We don’t have a lot but would be more than happy to trade in exchange of the seeds. If we have enough coin could buy some of them off you.

He would absolutely die of excitement and then it would be off to find gravel. We would be more than happy to buy them off you. I mentioned about we don’t have too much in the way of coin, but we could possibly trade depending on what you might need.

If i took any coin or trade it would be absolutely greed on my part, as far as coin and materials I have more than the majority people playing so I refuse payment. I just like helping and knowing I did help is more than enough payment for me. You’d be doing me a favor as much as I’m doing one for you guys.

What’s the best time and where can I find you guys?

1 Like