That player base bump in May, It appears to be gone

The title says it all. I had noticed the last 3 weeks that the game feels empty again. Many of the new players that had built around me are gone. Now I just see the same old user names again.

According to Steam, May saw a 32.6% increase in average players which is huge, but nearly all that gain has evaporated in the last 30-40 days.

steam-bound-july

steam-bound-july2

Hopefully, some of those new players from May brought revenue to the company but it would be nice to see those players retained. Can they be contacted with some after-the-sale, post-marketing?

I will go ahead and add the somewhat pointless and obligatory, “Steam does not include PS4 users” in advance.

After future sales, what can be done differently by the long-term player base to improve retention?

4 Likes

Sadly we are seeing more and more people taking breaks too which is not good. Hopefully the upcoming rental worlds will make up for that! fingers crossed

Hoping they are also finally making some noise about it soon tho, this game deserves way more players!

4 Likes

patience my friends patience…

4 Likes

Absolutely this. Just a bit of patience and faith.

3 Likes

I’ve been patient for 25 how much more? :pleading_face:

1 Like

I don’t know. Just trying to keep it positive. Been a lot of negative occurring lately.

2 Likes

I’m afraid rentals will make it feel even more empty.

4 Likes

The community is one of the most important things in this game - I don’t think the devs would jeopardise that.

I dunno, I kinda like that there’s not a million people around :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I hear you. There is some very stiff competition with endless budgets and massive hype coming in 2021 so I wish they would hurry a little.

Hopefully this will bring a whole new customer segment to the game.

2 Likes

see it this way… the less players are playing the more resources to gain and space there is to plot.

3 Likes

yeah, but new planets would be kind of nice

more players = more planets?

Private planets and creative mode will bring new users. Just wait for it.

2 Likes

Speaking as still a new player (about 3 weeks now) I can tell you exactly when I hit a wall and wanted to quit. It was the getting gems. You need gems for the power thingys so that you can start to produce more things. To get those gems you have to take your trusty iron hammer to gem world’s and breaking one block takes 6 or 7 swings. It was agonizing and it made me not want to turn the game on. I got over it. Kind of. I’ve still only gathered diamonds for a mass craft. I’ve yet to bring myself to go in search of other gems yet.

3 Likes

The gem wall is trash
Used to be even worse believe it or not

Best way to get past it is definitely to farm other stuff to sell, then buy advanced coils :confused:

5 Likes

I still haven’t got my shop up and running. I chose to make my workshop out of marble and mosaic so you can imagine how long it’s taking me lol. But good advice, thank you. I’ll get my shop up and running so I can finally start to earn some much needed coin.

3 Likes

I’m taking a break from the game but not gone. I still keep my beacons going and keep up to date with what’s going on.

Personally I’m waiting for shields and any new non-building content to return.

2 Likes

This. I never hit the gem wall because I never mined in the first place.

Step 1. Gather beans
Step 2. Sell beans to request baskets
Step 3. Profit :heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:

Seriously I only mined my first titanium seam on the T7 exo Syrman and I’m level 43. I legit just don’t mine at all. Lol the economy has been a blessing for me.

5 Likes

Yeah back when I was your age advanced coils were 30k and forged tools 15k for a t5 AoE was a bargain

5 Likes

I’ve struck up a deal with a friend of mine that if I provide the bitter beans, he’ll make me the forged gem tools I need. I’ll finally venture back into the mines again.

3 Likes

I’m still following Boundless, but… the clock is definitely ticking with Hytale looming in the distance.

They’re almost lucky here that Riot Games bought the studio and changed the game’s trajectory… It’ll hit even harder when it finally lands, but now it’s inadvertently bought some time for the Wonderstruck folks to pull their game together.

1 Like