The Balance Question

Walls of text are extremely hard to read… Just to let you know…

1 Like

“Nobody has the intention to build a wall!”

• Walter Ulbricht, Prime Secretary of the DDR (East Germany)
6 Likes

to clear up the confusion of the points i have tried to make… and i will keep explaining untill it is fully understood…

In a sandbox game you are allowed to do anything you want at any time (which is what makes it the tagline of SANDBOX) - if you have forced levels in a sandbox it no longer becomes a sandbox… if devs etc prefer one mode over another it no longer is sandbox… if the free-form is limited it is no longer sandbox… If a game prefers builders and hunter to explorers/miners it no longer is sandbox…

Etc… now tell me i am wrong (and HOW :stuck_out_tongue: )

Example to clarify - if you call a PvP game a sandbox (which you can do) then you do not say everyone is welcome because its a PvP game… the players who have only ever played PvE will keep dying over and over and leave the game because its not longer fun

If you call a MMO a sandbox then think of the typical mmo’s out there… yeh ok you can level/dungeon/groub/skill etc… but in a TRUE MMO you are forced to do it… this is why i say boundless should lose the SANDBOX tag… because the game does not equally favor all types of players… just call it an open world Crafting game with MMO and survival elements

But now to be 100% fair (i promised i would be balanced from here on out) we have no idea what the devs have planned for 1.0 release (not fully) it is obvious they are more in line with the MMO side than the true sandbox side… so that is honestly fair ennough.

All we know is what they have already released in forums/trello/conversation - they cannot give the full idea away until release (or beyond if its still heavily a WIP) ad i understand this, so that is where i will leave it…

I just cannot wait to see what they do with the release and if i would still enjoy it as much as i have done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

added more info to the post above