The best place to find saltpetre

Hey all. I went on vacation to Portia and it seems like ages. I know this is lame but does anyone know a good location for saltpeter? I’m starting to craft some higher-level brews and that’s a main ingredient. I’m running around in caves on Trior and it’s kinda scarce. Thanks!

Gravel farm, I think the one on Bese has given good results in the past.

An old post here about it

1 Like

Thank you. Will check it out.

Some biomes on Alcyon spawn a lot of surface rocks which drop it as well as Olivine Fragment

1 Like

Come give our farms a visit. Will find we have everything you need.

1 Like

While its here, that exoworld Oetralor has really good amounts of those surface rocks… (forget what called. The smooth stalagtites…)

Look for the areas that have a mountain with a chunk cut out of the top/middle.

Seen in the background of this pick. Dark flat areas, with mountain overhead. SO MUCH saltpetre in those areas! =D

5 Likes

Used to find boatloads of it on Cardass in the pancake mountains. Plop one in yer atlas and go to town(so to speak).

3 Likes

Y’know, i did too. But last i was at those pancakes… there wasnt much! I thought i just remembered wrong… but i swear there was saltpetre there… now there isn’t

Of course, i could have just shown up right after someone farmed them all. But i used to LOVE those pancakes for fleshy leaf and saltpetre

2 Likes

Galan is also a really good source.

1 Like

I find tons of them from the pointy boulders while farming goo or combustion/kindling in caves on exos

1 Like

Still hunting for salt peter though I got sidetracked hunting roadies… So checking out Cardass and Galan but the surface boulders so far only drop olivine and sulfur. Also what a good slingbow for the higher tier worlds. Titanium is rinky on cardass or prob my skill sheet.

So any suggs on weapon and skill sets? Thanks.

And I’ve got my atlas equiped.

Tapered boulders for saltpetre

Annotation%202020-05-02%20122605-2

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, those tapered boulders are mostly in caves.

IMG_20200502_055847

@Ross are you able to go to Alcyon? Needs 4 points in Volitale Protection.

1 Like

Yes. Why? I was running around there yesterday.

If you’re in game now, I can show you a good spot for saltpetre

sound great. wanna meet at tnt?

I just set up a new gravel farm through the hunt hive on Cardass as well. Very good farming there.

1 Like