The Bountiful Cauldron

Greetings from The Bountiful Cauldron!

The mission of The Bountiful cauldron is quite simple; to provide a location in which people can offload raw materials and buy supplies for future endeavors. Presently, the production focus is on consumables, namely food and brews, but you can expect the inventory to adjust in time to include more options. The bountiful Cauldron features three distinctive areas across its two public levels. The ground level features the trade floor and portal garden, while the top level features the sales floor.

The trade floor is where you can go to sell most raw materials with a few exceptions; If you’re planning on making purchases during your visit, this can be an opportunity to mitigate the monetary cost preemptively. Each item is featured in its own plinth with its own budget, so as long as there is demand for a given resource, you can expect to make a sale.

The sales floor is rather self-explanatory. it features all the currently available products for purchase. As previously stated, the shop’s opening inventory will feature food and brews. Compared to the trade floor, the sales floor will look a bit scarce initially, but except more shop plinths to show up as the inventory grows.

Finally, just outside of the shop is the lovely Portal Garden. This scenic terrace features the connecting portals to participating settlements, forming a convenient network to and from other locations to visit, and major trans-planetary hub networks. It presently has the capacity for up to eight portals, but can be expanded if the need presents itself.

The Bountiful Cauldron is located on Biitula (-944N, -360E, Alt64). If you don’t feel like making a long walk, it can also be accessed via the bounty altar in The Ancient Gate (Portal coordinates: 1776N, 887E, Alt 77) The altar looks like this:

Simply walk up the stairs and jump to be transported to the Portal Garden.

Otherwise, if a more standardized portal is your preference, you can also access The Bountiful Cauldron via its portal in the Biitula Portal Seekers Hub. It can be found in the southeast corner of the outer ring of the hub.

I am still pretty new to all of this, so feedback is appreciated. I hope that your experience at The Bountiful Cauldron is an enjoyable one.

4 Likes

Great looking areas! Love the organization you put into it.

1 Like

Sad news. The Portal Seekers bounty altar is being removed to reduce oort shard costs. The store isn’t doing too well and from what I have been told on the discord, people don’t tend to venture far from the hub center anyway when looking for shops. I’m sorry if anyone has been visiting from the PS hub, but nobody has been leaving feedback on the thread, so the recent discord information is the only information I have to go by at this point.

I suppose it was foolish of me to elect to build around the PS hub anyway as I already had a hunch that people wouldn’t visit the altar when it would have to be so far from the actual hub.

Good news again from The Bountiful Cauldron!

A new section has been added to the portal garden to accommodate standardized portals. They aren’t as interesting as the bounty altars in my opinion, but I’ve realized that not everyone wants to use them to access shops, especially if they are far away. The first location to be incorporated into this new section of the garden is The Portal Seekers Hub.

Here’s hoping that this addition will encourage more people to visit the shop. As always, feedback is appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Greetings from The Bountiful Cauldron!

Due to customer safety concerns, the windowless design of The Bountiful Cauldron had to be changed. Cuttletrunk infiltration has been on the rise as of recently due to increased spawn rates of hostile creatures, and thus the design had to become a bit more enclosed to adjust for it. I hope this will improve everyone’s shopping experience at The Bountiful Cauldron.

After looking at some of the other shops, I have come to the conclusion that items aren’t selling because they are priced too high. The prices of all items for sale have been reduced.

1 Like

I’ve stopped by for window shopping a couple of times.ooks.likeninshould do so, again!