The current problem with the money system

Still a form of currency though

Replacing coin with an item is a terrible economy for this kind of game. It would literately promote hoarding. Also, those that get to go on community hunts will then be the richest players in the game easily after a couple weeks cause most of them don’t run a lot of portals.

There’s nothing wrong with having coin.

In addition to that getting rid of coin would make the game actually grindy and slow progression down to snail speed.

That’s an incredibly bad idea to do. Plus, this isn’t Path of Exile. x.x

The system seems fine. Trade items, get coins…sell items, get coins…use coin to buy items.

Seems to be working as intended.

3 Likes

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die…

1 Like

Well I see dead people

What are you, nine or what? :wink:

the balance will be made by the market through the price? what is so hard to understand that coin generation is never a problem on its own. The whole world trades with fiat money right now are u aware of that? money is just generated by the state and the system runs…

Eye didn’t see that one coming.

1 Like

I’ve been playing the game for over a week and have been playing games for over 30 years, so it’s not like I’m completely clueless or inexperienced. These are also my opinions and you’re entitled to your own. I’d continue talking to you, but I will not engage someone in conversation when they use “ur” “cuz” and cannot use standard punctuation, capitalization, etc., but thanks for responding.

those were no opinions, but value judgements over something that u have appearently have very limited knowledge about. At least its good that u ask when u dont know stuff, but u kinda chose the wrong discussion to do that >.<

What do u expect if u throw ur opinion out, inbetween the front of a discussion, based on misconceptions and bitterness over own mistakes. that i dont argue the point u make cuz ur new? That im not entitled to the way i wanna write my words?

Are u aware that every game differs a bit from the last?

pls someone help this dude, he doesnt listen to me

I would but he is so petty to not engage in conversation with people that do not use the language “correctly”. I in turn don’t feel like waste my time on him and his pettiness, although I have my suspensions he may be one of those that spell “color” instead of properly: “colour” :crazy_face:

Haply that gent wouldst seeth me as equal if 't be true i wroteth in the true aenglish language

Why bring Marx into it?

1 Like

If you want it ‘Earned’ and ‘Fair’, then remove Footfall, as it is not a fair system, and people don’t ‘Earn’ a reward, just by people walking around.

You claimed my original suggestion incited laziness? People make roads, ROADS, just a bunch of blocks on the floor, if they even do that, and they make thousands of footfall a day. While others can make shops or homes to base their playstyle out of, and barely make 200 footfall a day. Or people can make massive temple castles with many hours of work, and have no one visit and get less than 200 footfall a day.

How does making a road, mean you’ve done more work, and deserve the right to earn money? Especially when the creaters of Hubs, which there are only 3, are the only ones actually making worth while money from Footfall?

My suggestion would have earned people as a whole, the whole planet works together and everyone benifits it.

But the current system only rewards those that create hub networks, which takes a lot of time, money and people, or creating roads, which takes no effort at all.

I say Footfall should either help a lot of people, or be removed completely. It should not be a system that only helps the rich get richer and the poor stay poor, no matter what the poor does.

If EVERYONE is earning money, then there’s no point in having it. Incentive is lost if there is no reward for putting forth an effort, one way or another. If everyone has money (and for doing nothing), then nobody needs it. Someone has to flip burgers, and someone has to operate on brains. There must be incentive.

2 Likes

others way to make money without trading or grinding what you mean please explain some examples

But if no one is earning money but the rich, no one is buying items but the rich. Except buying items is meant to be a playstyle. An option to not have to grind, or have 3+ alts to gather, craft, and hunt for you.

Whats more, the rich don’t care about deals, only convinious, so only the shops near them and the main travel hubs benifit, none of the out of the way shops in shopping hubs with better deals.

Money just goes in a circle, between very few people, the new players, or those without shops, don’t gain anything, and are forced into an impossible grinding wall until they stumble onto a very lucky break, which is very very rare.

As for money not having a point. You are correct. Money has no point. It has no value. It has no use. It’s there for trading, but it can be subbed out with any other name in the game, and work just as fine. So ask yourself, why do people create shops? Why do people go out of their way to exploit roads for Footfall? What’s the point?

If they are selling stuff, it means they can already gather and make it, they don’t need money to buy resources to craft it. Money only has as much value as you give it.

If everyone had lots of money, people still sell things, people would still buy things, people would still go out and craft or mine things to sell.

You are right, there needs to be someone flipping the burgers and operate on brains. But people would be willing to do that regardless. Because people LIKE doing those things. Some people LIKE mining, and will just mine for hours, not to sell or use the stuff, but just cause they like the mining mechanics. They like Bomb Mining, or Using 3x3 hammers and collecting resources.

I’m afraid you’re being too idealistic. Don’t worry, life will “grind” that down for you. A lot of folks do their jobs because they HAVE to, not because they LIKE it. You pay a guy dipping fries the same as a surgeon, we’ll see how many folks go through medical school. Vice versa, pay a doc the same as a fry guy, see how long he lasts doing that.

As for shops, running a shop is fun. Money is a measure of how well you’re managing your store. Same reason Tycoon games are fun. I like that element. Sometimes I wonder why I sell my stuff and don’t just use it, but then I remember it’s fun having your little shop.

1 Like

I see you never actually read my idea. People will get the same money from the Tax, but the actual money they make per day is still wildly different. The lazy makes very little money and the tax money is a big boost. Meanwhile those doing lots of work get lots of money, and the tax is so small as they already made more money.

I even gave an example to prove it:

The person that did less work, gets extra money can spend to help themselves. The tax boosting their money 1.45 times as much as before. But it’s still many times smaller compared to the player that did a lot of work and earned a lot more footfall, they gained the same ammount, but to them it’s cheap change, because they’ve already made many times as much money from Footfall. 145c and 595c are not the same number. One is bigger than the other. The difference is that the rich get a flat cut to help slow them down, a money sink if you will, and that cut gets added to other people which can help them grow to reach just as high as the rich person.

A poor person getting only 500c a day, enough to barely replace tools or even afford a single shop stand, is not going to make very much progress. Especially since the better tools cost 20k+, and the powerblocks for machines cost anywhere between 8k-20k PER one, which only works on ONE machine, is very brutal.

The poor can’t progress, and the Rich are already at end game, and don’t need to progress. So cutting the rich to help the poor get up over the wall to be able to reach the rich themselves is a GOOD thing.

As one thread pointed out, right in their title, there is a virtual wall most people can not overcome. But as soon as they make a lot of money by luck, as a gift hammer from a rich player, or a random lucky request basket from a rich player, they can easily climb over that wall and reach the top. <— That is NOT a balanced or good system. So my idea is to help with that. The people at the top don’t need money anymore, so cut half their free money each day, to help the lower tier players beable to build a ladder to climb the wall.