The end of a journey

Sorry to see you go if you do decide to leave, but the current forum system is setup pretty poorly. Anyone can setup up multiple forum accounts and then just use those 10 forums accounts to flag your post. It will be flagged until a moderator can view the post (not sure how long that takes). So currently, I’ve just stopped posting on the forums lately.

You have threads on here with people stating, “don’t post on my thread” and people that just flag posts as it goes against their views, or against what agenda they may have… it just gets rather tiring.

I’m unsure if it was a moderator (@Tiggs or @majorvex) or just a group of people (or 1 person on multiple accounts), but if you’re post didn’t violate any rules, it should not be hidden at all.

Much luck, whatever you do.

3 Likes

Yeah, the flagging system is super annoying. I have seen a lot of posts get hidden that didn’t have anything bad in them. People seem to be using the flagging system to grief other people.

2 Likes

Well I’d definitely have to agree with @Peyago on this. I think it was just a forum member flagging because they didn’t like what you said.

Sucks to see you go over a forum post being flagged by another forum members that seem to make it there job to moderate.

I honestly think that post flagging should be removed all together. And the only ones who should be able to do it are majorvex and Tiggs at the moment.

Probably whoever posted right after you would be the culprit. But who knows.

Anywho best of luck with everything beyond this point. Hope to see you return at some point. :beers:

4 Likes

Yea the flagging is super annoying but it’s not the devs it’s the community that’s flagging your comment

But like me I’ve been flagging my own comments to Delete them so I get Alot of emails about it lol

Best of luck on your Journey hope to see you return when the game decides to take off again

6 Likes

The flagging system has been problematic since it was introduced.

It’s been shown enough times that sort of thing encourages passive-aggressive behavior and petty abuse.

It should bring a post to admin attention, nothing more.

5 Likes

This is the reason why I have not returned/reinstalled the game as well. Darn Oortelf. Atleast my stuff is in safe hands with a more valuable member to this community than myself :slight_smile:

But I hate to see this…we should be allowed to say positive and negative things without being degrading. Once the new forums are setup I am sure discourse will not be used again.

1 Like

If i would quit the game every time i get flagged it wouldve been around 100times :ok_hand:.

As said above… This Forum system is Pretty wack. Theres rly nothing To stop you To flag every post if you Feel like it.

1 Like

Flag post….

1 Like

I flagged that ^^^

1 Like

(Insert first time meme picture here)

You know it’s meh when Red the awesome man gets flagged. I mostly come here to peacefully discuss the game, crack jokes, and annoy chonky Bobster yet I still get flagged every now and then.

2 Likes

(:rofl::rofl::rofl: Hola Buugiman)

1 Like

I haven’t been flagged quite that many times, but my numbers are still pretty high :rofl:

I ll flag that :roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

@UmbraVictus mbraVictus

sorry to see you go, just now when most of old players making their come backs

give Monumental a chance? i think they deserve it as we love this game and want it rise and shine thru Voxelverse :smiley:

as for flagging system, i stopped comenting posts becouse my few posts were flagged, took under consideration and i never saw them again nor getting the explanation why they got removed

2 Likes

You wished us all the best in our lives and I’d like to thank you for that.
If a game, no matter which one, has brought you so many emotions and the desire to share them with others, why stop? Just because others don’t have the same opinions as you?
Boundless has brought so many positive things into people’s lives, and to be honest, I feel an emptiness when I don’t play it. You’ve decided to stop supporting the game and that’s a choice we all have to respect, like respecting the opinions of everyone here, so let me in turn wish you the best in your life.
But if deep down you feel this emptiness as I and others do, then come back.
Thank you for all the investment you’ve made in Boundless.

1 Like

So this post aged like milk, lol.

I am taking into advisement what everyone has said. And I am going to hold off and wait for a response from the human moderators. If it is in fact just someone who flagged it because reasons, then I will retract. As I stated, my concern derives from actual moderators/devs actively seeking to silence players, if that isn’t the case then clearly I have overreacted.

My issue isn’t that I was flagged (though I can see why it seems like it) my issue is that it seemed to me like I was flagged by devs, and not just from the Oortelf being abused.

4 Likes

If someone has the “regular” status I think they might still be able to solo flag a comment to hide it. It’s a bit of power to give a player or forum user without a team of community managers to give the backbone to moderation.

But yeah, i think it was likely just a user, but i know how you feel, I’ve somewhat recently had a post flagged (i say flagged, but actually removed by a person) from me commenting on an off topic reply on that thread, but the off topic subject I responded to wasn’t removed, just mine and one or two other people who responded…

I nearly uninstalled and ghosted the whole community over it. I still think it was handled wrong, but the lack of a full team of paid moderators I feel is the root of the issue, we have let the inmates rule the asylum for too long…

3 Likes

I agree it with the others that it was not the devs.

What a horrible system. Completely valid points and criticism can be removed because said points hurt someone’s fragile feelings.

The hypersensitive people know what will happen when they flag and should be ashamed of themselves for shutting down legitimate discussion. They are hurting the game they think they are protecting.

4 Likes

There is NO perfect moderation system. Paid moderators and volunteer moderators alike are prone to questionable judgement, human emotions, and hidden biases. I know this, better than most! Automated systems are impossible to balance and prone to manipulation. The best we can do, as forum users is to be patient, and contextualize how important this forum really is… we are talking about a game community for a relatively tiny game… nothing truely worth getting worked up about.

8 Likes

Yes you would. I remember that post.

2 Likes