The fossil bottleneck is breaking my willpower

you can sell stuff you dont need and buy what ya need at all the big shops so you dont need to find everything yourself
and you still did the work

1 Like

They drop on Therka from Wilds too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know you have received multiple replies but here’s my input,

Step 1 - Invest in mass and bulk crafting.
Step 2 - Invest in Iron tools, they last longer than cooper.
Step 3 - Tag along with groups who go hunting on Munteen (you will get plenty of fossils from corpses)
Step 4 - Profit…(make sure to use mass craft for better yield

Also if you go through caves the world has already generated you will see more fossils than what you would a man made tunnel.

3 Likes

I had not really wrapped my head around the idea that there is an economic system/mmo going on here. I was still in Minecraft “dig everything” mode…

I’ve got some stuff to sell now, and will talk to Moebius about getting a shop next time he’s on when I am.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

1 Like

I buy absolutely everything in the game - and sell absolutely everything too. Until you have enough of a setup to attract customers buying/selling to other shops is a great way to get started :wink:

EDIT: My shop is located in Munteen Paradise - easily reachable from Moebius Plaza or Jeff’s portal network.

2 Likes

I finally made it to a cave in Vulpos without dying – it is indeed a much better better grind than Solum, thanks everyone for the suggestions!

5 Likes

Awesome, glad you made it! You might find a ruby or two while at Vulpto :slight_smile: Rubies are from lava level (16) to about 40-50, so you might want to mine in lower levels of caves.

When I was on Solum, I had little trouble keeping up with fossil once I started mining deeper in a cave system under the desert. I remember that I was pretty much hand-to-mouth on fossil for a while, but never ‘I have 100 copper ore, but no fossil to make another tool’.

Again, running through caves looking for what I needed is what did it for me. I have tons of the stuff now, and don’t bother selling it because nobody will buy it.

3 Likes

agree with @bubbathegoat: its the dessert biomes where descending into low cave systems will let you find fossil in decent amounts and also that instead of strip mining just run around and look for those that spawn on the walls; less tedious and you find a ton of different things

4 Likes

I managed to get a beacon set up in a good cave on Vulpto. I need to stock it with necessities, and to stop dying in lava. Not necessarily in that order.

3 Likes

Yeah. Leave the strip mining for Minecraft. Strip mining doesn’t work here.

Well, I wasn’t really strip mining except as necessary to get to something I see safely – now that I’ve spent some time on Vulpto, the issue is just that Solum caves aren’t as densely populated with goodies. As others have noted, this is a real catch 22 for new players.

Strip mining works in some situations, like mining diamonds on andoweem, when you find an area where there are diamonds you can actually strip mine with good results.

2 Likes

I find that emerald hammers work quite well for exposing them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just remember not to use gem tools until you have durability and 4 skill levels of that tool. Or only a couple in durability and then popping enduring pie. I stick to iron until then.