The future of Portal Seekers (& myself)

My store portal and our city portal have been in there for a long time now its the portal hub i use the most and know the best it would be sad to move to a new hub.

But i understand if you decide to close it down.

3 Likes

Noooo PS is great

If you guys decide to trim the network you could do just the four main hubs - Biitula Lamblis Boori and Grovidas.

As I said in PM to tagris, if you guys need help, I’m there for you.

6 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread for the words of encouragement. I honestly had no idea PS meant so much to so many.

I have a few ideas on how to revitalize PS in the coming weeks, but given my personal track record for starting projects and never finishing them i’m going to start it on my own and see if I actually finish it first.

With that said, once that’s done (assuming it gets done) I will need a lot of player help, which I will mention more about if and when I finish.

21 Likes

I’ve never given PS its props because I used to be a direct competitor with Ultima. Those days are long gone. Fact is, you were my first guild in EA and I should have never left you. Regrets. I have always secretly loved PS and viewed your leadership with reverence.

Best of luck no matter what!

8 Likes

Would be sad to know that the PS no longer exists.
You have done a lot for the game and for us.
This required a lot of effort and well-coordinated work of many people.
I’ve always been amazed at that dedication.
One way or another, life goes on.
It is possible that it has become difficult for the Guild to give what we have received from you for very long time.
Perhaps it’s time to “go into the shadows” and just enjoy the game, because now we have a huge community, among which there are your worthy successors :boundless: :black_heart:

1 Like

First up great job to date. Always had shop portals at ps hub and still do. But no surprise its getting less popular. I have had a portal on boori for months and still says shop portal. Yes partly my fault, for never requesting a name. But I thought it be interesting to see how long it takes. Other networks are done in hours without even requesting. Maybe fresh meat is needed to run pshub. I do believe creating a central hub like tnt would definitely help. Pshub just needs updating. I would love to see portalseekers grow. Needs new leadership that loves playing the game still. More proactive players. But I do totally understand the feeling of boredom after playing longer than 2 years.please only take as point of view. I am never right nor am I God. So who really knows.:grin:

1 Like

As someone who uses portal seekers almost exclusively it would be really sad to see it go like others have said it’s very user-friendly well signed which is nice. I have noticed not as many portals are being opened up on it which is kind of sad I’m the only one on minor angle. I use TNT every once in awhile but it is a pain if I don’t have the correct atmosphere protection and for me I tend to be able to travel through the planets and load the portals just fine on PS and I struggle with some of the others so I would be very sad to see it go but like others have said if it’s more of a burden to you to keep playing just for the community then take a break you do you

2 Likes

Nov. 25, 2019

Ok ! ready to launch Boundless for the first time, feeling alone in my world I decide to visit the planet and Omg ! what a surprise a network of portals right there in front of me, wait what’s it called ?
Portal seekers! I had to keep this position, that’s for sure".
What a joy to have finally found a quick way to cross to other worlds, I let you imagine how proud I was when I opened my first portal on the Ps Hub.

To answer the question: Should we go on?
Only you have the answers to that, if the fun is over, I understand.

Should we change the design?
A little change is good and keeps you busy.

Whatever your decision, we will respect it, I just wanted to say thank you Portal Seekers, thank you for this magical moment!

5 Likes

Portal seekers has been/is a cornerstone of Boundless for me since EA, I have always found the network so easy to use, well signposted and reliable. It will be sad to see it fade away so really hoping that never happens but totally understand if it does. I think most long term players appreciate the commitment and dedication it requires to maintain any sort of network and personally I applaud PS for the trailblazers they are and the amazing work they have done.

5 Likes

Definitely, Whenever I’m on my newer characters, I tend to use Portal Seekers to get around as I know how their network is laid out, and I can use it without needing any protections on my character.

It also was the first network I came across when I started out in this game as well. That network saved me from the likes of Beckon. :laughing:

Nonetheless, its a well-documented, easy-to-use network that doesn’t feel all too congested. I love the idea of having hubs on every single public planet that players can link up to. I still maintain my simple 1x2 on Refgar to Portal Seekers, and when I opened Gaia, yes it was originally accessible from TNT, but I did plan and do run a portal to Portal Seekers from that planet as well. It will be a huge loss to the community to lose such a historic network that Portal Seekers is.

That is to say, on my more developed characters, I do run through TNT as the max 2-portal jumps from any T4 and below to any other T4 and below planets out there is convenient.

3 Likes

Thank you Portal Seekers for being an important part of the community!

I’d most certainly wish for you all to continue on as a guild but that’s just me being selfish. I feel the majority of you all being experienced players should continue being welcoming mentors of the community.

4 Likes

I think that PS network issue is that it isn’t really promoted or advertised. The reason its still there is in my eyes down to the “old” players who have used it since the beginning and continue to do so because its familiar.

TNT on the other hand seems to be attracting the new players with events and forum activity…who then open a portal. Their shops travelled to by people like me who used to use ps and Ultima but because there was no portal to that new shop I used TNT. I never went back because well over 50% of the shops i used only had TNT - sometimes via the planet hub.

An example of why I feel it went wrong is evident on arie. THE number 1 prestige planet doesn’t/didn’t have when i stopped playing much, have a portal from the main hub at all. The PS hub was forgotten and neglected in the middle of a partially regenerated dead town.

In some ways I think it would be better to close it. Not because its not useful, or unwanted but simply because if there was a few less networks it would be easier to connect everyone to everybody else via a few central points ( I dislike many many networks, it just confuses things). Think amazon. It works because everyone knows it and its second nature. (Boo evil monopoly)

2 Likes

the only issue i have compared to TNT and PS or even ULTIMA is that PS are hard to contact, also neglected their PS hubs for months might even say 6 months the least. (besides fueling) also lack of adapting style, checking on portals without tokens. doesn’t mean its bad i still love using it, just wish they spend more time on it also design way and guiding

1 Like

In the end, Boundless is just a game. I’ve personally loved Portal Seekers since picking the game back up but people and interests change over time. It’s important that the people who run PS enjoy the game and what they’ve created, so if that isn’t the case anymore, then that’s ok. Life happens. I don’t see PS ever fully going away. Being handed off to new players or being reinvigorated in some time, maybe, but I will always know that PS is special to Boundless. For what it’s worth, PS has been and always will be my favorite portal network. I wish everyone in PS the best and harbor no ill feelings if they decide to close it down; I think we all understand.

The PS network is the one I use most. I hope it can keep going.
I was very impressed it started just a few days after the current universe started. I was still on Bitula trying to gather iron when portals appeared on the horizon.
Thanks for all your great work.

7 Likes

I’ve admired the reliability of the ps network. It’s always a bummer to see the old mainstays disappear, but something I believe is always worth being prepared for. I will definitely be affected if it goes down, but am willing to look forward (really I hear you guys on the updates side of things, it’s physically painful for me at this point every time I see a new announcement only to find that it’s just more water for an already diluted soup). I wish you guys well in whatever you decide.

6 Likes

“Portal Seekers” Best name in the game imo. I have always loved it.

PS has been my go-to portal system for two years and it will be sad if it is to go, but I completely understand what you are saying.

Best of luck to you in life and all your endeavors

2 Likes

3 Likes

19 Likes

Awesome work there @Deathwhisper