The game doesn't start

Hi there,

When I try to open the game through steam it starts loading up and after 30/40seconds it stops.
During said loading time, steam sais I’m in game & after the loading is over, it sais that I’m not.
What could be causing this problem?

Can you share your log file?

If you’re on Windows 7 or 8, you will also need to install this update…

“Windows can’t find “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Boundless\boundless_log.txt”, check spelling and try again.”

I’ve copy-pasted it but it doesn’t work.

It maybe it not getting in to the game at all. When its starting what do you see? Does the Boundless window pop up showing some white text on a blue screen, or its it stuck on Steam Launching?

Nothing pops up, unfortunately. The only way I know the game is running is that steam sais it is.

Try manually installing the dependencies which Steam should have put here assuming a normal steam distrubution:-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.51\NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\vc_redist.x64.exe

If that does not work what OS are you on? Window 7 requires the the service pack to be applied.

It doesn’t work, it gives me the same message as before.

I’m on Windows 10.
Could a virus be causing this problem?

I wouldn’t have thought it was a virus causing it, but it could well be your antivirus or a firewall blocking the program itself or it’s connection to the internet.

There were some issues with Avast in the past, which produced the sort of issue you are having now. Could you try temporarily disabling your antivirus and try loading again?

As Stretchiuos says it more likely the antivirus than a virus, Avast seems to be an issue.

Three things to try in steam:-

1. Right click on Boundless then select Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Files.
  2. In the top left Steam->Settings->Download->Clear Download Cache
  3. You could try uninstalling (right click uninstall) and reinstalling the game.

I have uninstalled it. Even though I have 100GB of free space, the game is not being installed…

It sais “Content file locked”, what does that mean?

There were a couple of earlier post about this, seems to happen to Steam contents sometimes:

Did all the things michaelb suggested doing but nothing changed.

What anti virus do you use?
The issue is Steam being unable to write to one of the files as something elsewhere has locked it and antivirus is the main culprit. Most have an option to exclude folders so you could try exclude the steam one in the short term while updating.

In the past Steam seems to have (somehow!) locked some files that I could only clean away by:

1. Rebooting into Safe Mode.
  2. Deleting the Boundless install from the Steam folder.
  3. Rebooting back into normal Windows.
  4. Letting Steam install Boundless again.

It’s still not working, nothing changed apparently.

Which antivirus program are you using?

I’m using McAfee

Ok,

I’ve been reading up on the Steam Community pages, as this actually seems to be an issue with Steam itself … there could be a possible solution here … https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/333656722964822410/?ctp=3#c133259227519215908

This website has a more detailed run through on how to do the “netsh winsock reset” …
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)

It dindn’t work