As one of the people who organized and put a lot of time into this let me clarify a few things for people and also apologize if any people had rude things said to them. We strongly discourage this but given how widespread the event inside the event has become there is bound to be less than ideal interactions that can occur. If you are being harassed you are encouraged to report that person. Use screen shots.
As for the time and place of the event.
- Easy terrain
- We want normal non group members to stumble on us and join us to help grow the numbers
- Don’t have to deal with normal meteors.
- Get the occasional natural meteor spawn with sacs.
- Augments have a very small chance of actually spawning a meteor after the event. @james could you confirm?
- We created an actual build for this event so moving would be difficult. We use directional portals to get to meteors much faster and help newer people to get to theirs quick (which is required to finish a solo 6)
I’m noticing quite of few people who seem to be against this event haven’t actually been out here. Also some of the ones that thought this group harassing people have been out here and seen what were doing to help people have reversed course. Even if you have had a bad experience with someone here I promise you that the people who organized this will still welcome you and get you set up on how it works and a free few augments on us.
Lastly, James mentioned no one owns a meteor. This is true and everybody can technically smack someones spawned meteor. Just know that if you do it repeatedly it isn’t going to sit well with your fellow oortians. But please if you are one who spawn a meteor that was doesn’t mean you should verbally assault someone who took part of the meteor that you spawned
Thanks everyone for making this event some of the best times I’ve had in this game and please treat your fellow oortians well. That is all I ask.
Spitcup is streaming the event if you want to see it in action