The land we claim and what we could do with it! Dungeons and ruins!?

Wandering through a huge ashed build gave me some ideas. I loved the idea of ruins you could claim as your own and fix up and that thought lead me to wonder if players couldn’t just set up a pretty build and then ash it on purpose just to give others a chance to take over. Though sadly it seems they disappear rather quickly.
So my thought is it’d be lovely to have the option to pick a plots, for lack of better term, designation, such as village, town or ruin and dungeons.

Ruins could be things made to look runned down and reclaimed by the land and a new player could come by see the plot and have the opportunity to purchase the plot or get the land in some other fashion. I don’t know how much interest there would be in something like this, but I certainly wouldn’t want to litter whole planets with these builds, I’m not certain how to moderate the amount of ruins per planet but possibly higher tier planets have more and bigger ruins. The ruins could also give some history and lore to a planet that would otherwise just be an lovely scenic view.

Dungeons on the other hand could be built by players and be fully destructible and then regen the next day after they’ve been raided. They could offer rewards and a location to implement something similar to meteor strikes giving players more incentive to set up hunts to dungeons. One of the rewards for beating a dungeon could be a key to a Ruin or a decorative item.

It’s lovely walking through a planet and seeing what others have built and getting ideas for your own build, but I’d love to see more opportunities for interesting interactions with ones surroundings and the monsters. This could boost an already great game into new and exciting places, the community around this game is so great that I think player run dungeons and ruins could fit in and work perfectly.
Even if this all is asking a lot, I really hope some new form of events or interaction get added to the game.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

1 Like

in alpha there where auto generated ancient temple ruins
they where pretty cool and great source to score some lantarns and decor /bricks before you could make em
they also had 24 compac peat under them
you could locate them at night by looking for the lantarn light
was really sad they removed those on release

2 Likes

I searched the galaxy for these after launched, I was sure they were gonna be tucked away hidden on at least one planet. Think ill make a bug report :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like