Outfits Exp & Targeting! Release 198 Overview | Jiivita's Corner

I don’t want rock. Jiivita showed that coal, iron, copper, etc. stick around after the bomb blows up. That’s the type of mining I want to do. I am already swimming in thousands of rocks as it is. lol

Besides if I need more rocks, I’ll use gem hammers.

2 Likes

Has anyone actually crafted bombs yet?
Which crafting material was the most difficult to obtain?
How long did it take to obtain enough materials to make say 3 bombs?

Unless that’s changed that sounds like a bug because it renders hammers useless.

1 Like

Well Luke, that’s what I saw in the video. Resource blocks like coal and iron have higher durability than dirt, gravel, and rock. So that might explain why I am looking at iron bombs so much as a mining tool.

I am already very fond of Diamond and Emerald Hammers for strip mining. I just see the bombs being a way to speed up mining. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about this idea then Luke?

In addition to the bombs you and the dev team have made, how about actual mining bombs? Two or three of them with the difference being their damage and blast radius? Nothing says you can’t have multiple items using the same crafting materials. Pretty sure that’s how the Refined Rocks are like anyways when making the Deco versions of them.

1 Like

I just see people using them to destroy the world and grief people from a distance and not to actually use them mine.

1 Like

@James Mentioned that careful balance is needed so that mining with bombs i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶l̶s̶ always uses more resources than the resources gained. but naturally faster.

it’s all about having Options ^^ there are pros / cons to each method and it comes down to what do you value?.. Speed, or Efficiency?

2 Likes

People who just want to grief other people can easily be dealt with using temp bans. That way you aren’t completely removing them from the game forever but if they continue up that behavior then a perma ban. Griefers are pretty easy to deal with on the company’s end of things but I do see what you’re getting at.

I think they’ll be a minority within the community since so many people here hate grieving and grievers. Plus world regen is a thing as well. Perhaps that might need to be tightened up but I think that occurs pretty quickly already.

Good to know that it’s going to be possible then! Having even just Iron Bombs as the cheapest bomb is going to make mining so much more fun than going in straight lines with a diamond or emerald hammer looking for resources and only adjust when you hit lava. It’s going to make finding stuff more fun and time saving.

I would suspect because the multiple uses of bombs (great at killing creatures, destroying worlds and farming items) they just become the go to tool for everything and that’s all people will end up using. Leaving the worlds with large crators into lava.

World regen is going to be extended so it does take longer to return to normal. Also the community is great and close at the moment because it is small but when it gets larger it would be a lot harder to maintain the peace.

The problem here is we have given players tool which allows them to do this and when a player is new to a bomb they will make mistakes and throw them accidentally and maybe destroy things they didn’t mean to. That player is then at risk at either a ban or toxic behaviour from the community because they are trying out bombs but upsetting some people along the way. I don’t think it is a good idea to give players an item which comes with a code of conduct.

1 Like

i haven’t crafted any yet BUT i could if i needed to… Vulpto kinda sucks for Volatile Blood so that is the limiting factor On Testing on live with access to worlds like Nashrill and Munteen… i don’t think it will be much of an issue (depending on how Luck scales with the blood)

The new materials needed for all Gem weapons and bombs however…

The main thing I want to avoid is mining for 5 hours for gems and getting nothing but coal, ore, fossils, and ancient techs. As much as I love those things, I don’t want to roll around for 5 hours getting no where with my mining goal cause I have no idea what biome I am in or if I left the one I thought I was in to begin with. Perhaps another item can be introduced into the game to solve that problem but until then, it’s a pretty big issue.

This I like to keep mining spots on the rotation but I can see it being a problem like you said. I didn’t know this was coming down the pipeline. I do think the current world regen is fine the way it is though. A smart miner won’t over mine an area too much. Kind of like how farming is in real life.

Point taken. But a griever isn’t a new player. There’s definitely a difference between the two.

1 Like

I see what you mean. The atlas does point you in the right direction but you can spend ages digging that area trying to find what you are looking for. I recently did this and while the atlas helped I did find myself mindlessly digging for ages trying to uncover the item I was looking for.

We’ll keep an eye on how things are shaping up when bombs are in the public domain and make changes as and when needed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am not on the test server so I am just going off what I know about the game and the info covered in Jiivita’s video. So I didn’t know Atlas tells you where resources are.

Good to know I already know someone who’s going to be selling them and I’ll be buying them! :smiley:

1 Like

:scream: You didn’t :exclamation: :question:

Check this out:

The atlas is scanning the world for Olivine Fragments. The light areas indicate where they are very common and the grey areas show where they are not or less common. The cursor is pointing to where I currently am on the world.

I don’t even know what I am looking at. Is the green stuff where emeralds are located or is that topaz?

EDIT: I am guessing you can tell the atlas to tell you where any particular resource is on the fly.

1 Like

If you scroll up a bit… I posted an Atlas video on Wednesday

Here’s a quote so you can jump to it quickly =)

2 Likes

Yeah, you place the resource you are looking for into the atlas and it reveals where it is on the world.

2 Likes

the green stuff is where the new olivine is located :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Okay… my mining itch is growing strong now…

2 Likes

So with the heated discussion on Bombs i felt it important to reassure people that the devs have our backs!

When Bombageddon lands and all the creatures frenzy… We’ll have the necessary skills! :stuck_out_tongue:

also i’ve already linked videos for the Atlas and Bombs above if you missed those =)

12 Likes