The orb of epicness permanent competition (poll inside)SECOND CHANGE

what is it

so the orb off epicness is a huge orb ya can place into the world on your beacon
but the beacon does not protect it
and its planetbound

What if someone put it into an enclosed area?

it explodes shoots off in sky and lands somewhere random orb needs sunlight
EDIT:the orb only can be placed when nothing is above it and if the position it is placed in is open to the sky

where can i find this orb

nobody knows
all we know is each planet has one

how do i get it

you can destroy the orb by using a big team off hunters " kill it pick it up and drag it home"
even if it is placed on a beaconed area

i got it what do i do know?

make it stronger by feeding it rift
cuase the town next to you is prepping to come destroy it and place it in there vilage

whats the point?

EDIT:people who are part off settlement that has an orb get a special tempory hat

what if im not ingame?

you just need to power it like madman to withhold attacks until you can log in
if not you gonna have to organize a hunt to get it back :smile: its not like people will come get ya orb every day its something for longplaying big guilds to mess with
nothing stops a guild from going to other planets and attacking orbs
they could even organize a multiple planet raid
and hide the orbs lol
orbs dont need plotted land
maybe a mega guild will become owner off all orbs
and get solo right to have tinfoil hats acces on every planet
you could still tower around the orb way up so people have to climb up to get to it
but if it would be a thing i would have it on display like a pro :sunglasses:

poll

• yes
  • no
  • this is how i would do this type off event (type in comments)

0 voters

2 Likes

Yes because who doesnt want a taco badge

1 Like

interesting, but how can another town snatch it from you without PvP? what can the other settlements do to move it from your town to theirs?

1 Like

attack it with hunters until it is destroyed
then carry it to there place
its no pvp but its pvorb

3 Likes

would have to be somehow unprotected by beacon its placed in

1 Like

yeah its in description
i added some tekst to make it clearer

2 Likes

What if someone put it into an enclosed area?

2 Likes

it explodes shoots off in sky and lands somewhere random orb needs sunlight
i add it to description :smile:

2 Likes

there are ways to create enclosed areas that allow sunlight to reach it.

So this requires a team and can not be done solo?

I am not 100% sure if I understand this, but assuming I do understand this and everything else in the post, then this seems to be quite costly for something like this , I don’t think very many people are going to feed valuable ores into something that can just be raided while they are offline.

1 Like

yes cant be done solo this is for groups teamwork is key

we can change the rift to something else got suggestion on how we could power it?

the orb only can be placed when nothing is above it and if the position it is placed in is open to the sky

ill edit that :smile:

for the offline issue you just need to power it like madman to withhold attacks until you can log in
if not you gonna have to organize a hunt to get it back :smile: its not like people will come get ya orb every day its something for longplaying big guilds to mess with
nothing stops a guild from going to other planets and attacking orbs
they could even organize a multiple planet raid
and hide the orb lol
it doesnt need plotted land
maybe a mega guild will become owner off all orbs
and get solo right to have tinfoil hats acces on every planet
you could still tower around the orb way up so people have to climb up to get to it
but if it would be a thing i would have it on display like a pro :sunglasses:

Then the problem becomes, it will be unreasonable for people to take it when you are online, if being able to power it to the level to sustain 12+ hours worth of offline raiding, it may become impossible to take it from someone as it would take 12+ hours to bash thru, longer if someone can power it up while it is under attack

In that case.

I can make a large platform at around ALT 200 ish , that no grapple can reach, with enough plots around the area to prevent people from building close enough to it to get within grapple range, and once I place the orb up there, I destroy the walkway I used to get up there. In this situation How would anyone get to such a place?

Interesting idea. Is this from the mind of moebius or is it from another game?

what if we let you test it so it is fail proof can we then do it :sunglasses:

yeah crazy idea from me

hmmm :thinking:
i get back to ya tomorrow :smile:

its not pvp so being offline is not a problem for the owners - I think its all about making it strong enough so it can defeat the raiding party, and with right fueling/powering balance it could sustain enough with more than 12 or 24hrs offline

If we changed the idea to “Giant World Boss” events, we could all show up and shoot a bullet sponge without anyone having to claim anything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw no listed benefits of this idea. So I say no.

On top of that, every time I’ve seen this kind of idea done in a game it has done more harm than good. I rather see other forms of competitive play that don’t require an army of people to accomplish.

Having paintball competitions would be way more exciting and fun than this idea. Better to organize and faster to finish events. :man_shrugging:

It can not be „fail proof“, and that is the problem with games that have persistent 24/7 PvP threats. You can typically have one or the other and not both in most situations, unless you want to start taking pages out of EVE online’s book, and I think the devs would rather dig their eyes out with wooden spoons before they would want to add EVE online’s level of complex detail.

If you have offline raiding protection, It will not be worth it for 95% of the players to try to take this orb,

If you do not have offline raiding protection, then it will not be worth the effort to invest much into something that Will be taken away the moment the group is offline.

In short, Boundless is simply not designed to handle/support such a thing. The only way I can see this working to some degree, is if this takes place on a special world that haves altered rules, but even then, It might be hard to pull off in a fair manor.

It is PvP, as you are taking something away from another player and not an NPC. The owners which is a group of players, spent the time to get this thing, and another group of players can then go and take this away from them, It is PvP

PvP doses not have to result in a player dying, It is Objective based PvP

i prefer creating something crazy unique then just add paintball mode