The orb of epicness permanent competition (poll inside)SECOND CHANGE

well, so let me be more precise; its not direct pvp (no requirement to be online for defending party, and even if both sides are online, there is no direct player to player fight)

but I guess you know what I meant, and chose to play semantics :wink:

This still doseā€™t negate my statement of it being PvP. Look at Ark and ATLAS if you want a prime example of what Offline PvP can look like.

I choose to be accurate/logical. Nothing to do with playing. If you want to make an rebuttal against one of my statements. I will take the wording at face value. Which is ā€žAny interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants using the in game mechanics to do so.ā€œ

Chess is PvP in my book, it is two players playing against each other, Neither player dies and the king cannot die. even thou the King is the win condition for the game

Prestige Wars in boundless, is PvP in my book, It is two or more players going against each other for the highest value on the charts, Nothing dies here either, there is no actual violence. and all parties involved can do this in total isolation from each other.

I donā€™t think you understand exactly how interesting paintball could be in Boundless when people are given all the creative tools to build their own paintball arenas.

Also, what youā€™re suggesting is strictly and completely for group play and cutting out a large portion of players who play MMOs in the first place: the solo player.

Perhaps if the orb made your beacon a pvp zone that you could enable different types of settings for, such as player killing, then sure, Iā€™d be all for it and thatā€™s just one example of what you could do with it.

The issue is youā€™re wanting strictly group play. On top of that you want it to require a ton of players, probably 30+ (which is around the size of some meteor hunt groups). You always are suggesting that it takes a long time to claim an orb from someone else and place protection restrictions on the orb in terms of building but make it so you can power the thing up.

Thereā€™s a lot of compounding problems with your idea compared to a more simple get-in-and-out pvp competitive game feature.

So you might want crazy unique stuff, but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s actually something that we actually need. I prefer things that are quick to implement that players can completely go wild on.

thats why im taking note off everybody and trying to tweak my design

ow yes i want it just for groupplay orb off epicness is to much to handle for solo player they can play with there vital orbs :joy:

open a suggestion about your paintball thing maybe people like it

I am all for more forms of competitive play, I just donā€™t think that it requiring massive groups of players to maintain is going to really be an attractive prospect for potential new players at the games current state. It might be something that would work when the game actually starts getting consistently picked up by new players and retains them for long periods of time.

I havenā€™t even begun typing up the idea. Itā€™s just something Iā€™d like to have since it functions rather well in servicing players in multiple ways and does it very quickly too.

Perhaps we could tint all the snow ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  many of us stockpiled when the tints from farming come out. So we already have ammo for your potential paintball game.

Edit: Really?? Snowballs

I was thinking more like a some brand new items to craft. We need more stuff to craft to provide material sinks for stuff. Things like Flint and rock that people have a ton of need more use. Ice and Glacier blocks could work for something like that too.

I donā€™t really know. Just want to see paintball competitions.

then its good they waiting to put in titans
better wait for people to come and like the game
and then add this stuff :thinking:

tomorrow i read all comments and tweak the idea
then you can come tell me whats wrong and i will tweak it again but the it will stay a group thing

I was already thinking it, but @Fallon said it first: just make it a world boss.

Relatively stationary and aggro on hit so if someone tops a hill and sees it they can nope out. This will also give ppl time to give a shout out and gather a team. (Much like the fate battles in FFXIV)

Not on board with being able to take home an item for basically world capture-the-flag. On that scale it gets complicated.

On a much, much smaller scale, there can possibly be a tiny meteor that drops, and doesnā€™t despawn or time out until itā€™s claimed. This can drop a random item. Oort, a slingbow, gleam, cubits.

1 Like

ahh lovely I can see myself going hunting for that xD

its been a while but while we all waiting newz scroll up and give my sugstion a look :smiley:

So like ctf?

yes capture the orb
one orb per planet
canot remove it from the planet
just move it around when destroyed and ya can fuel it to make it stronger to prevent others destroying it and moving it again

I love this idea, lol. I want a taco badge and special hat. A bit of settlement competition that isnā€™t plot-wars would be great. Good necro.

1 Like

imagine walking around a mall with ya hat with ya guild friend and all off sudden poof ya hat dissapears
you will say dang moeb ran off with the orb again lets start a search party

also the hat will give clueā€™s to who has and where it might be

2 Likes

This is such a fun ideaā€¦

1 Like

when this becomes a thing im gonna be like

4 Likes

i actually really think this idea would be pretty fun for the community to have some laughs, even those who dont like things like dodge bombs and ninja courses

2 Likes

@James when ya come back bring the orb off epicness with you please

people off boundless poll is still open vote now
great way to pvp our guildvguild without people dying our other mess

1 Like

I think the Orb should be powered up by coin, maybe also accepting items at there mint value, then the coin gets evenly distributed (minus tax?) between the hunters who destroy it.

Orb of epicenes gets my voteā€¦