The Public Factory (closed grabbed by other player :( )

Oh really I did not know at all. And for the pricing, we are not aiming for profit at all, we just dont have enough ressources to pay for all the coal needed. If we can help players, it would be more then enough :blush:

1 Like

you i never the first to come up with a idea in boundless lol
and someone propably did it before me :smile:

2 Likes

i would be happy to split with some coin to reward warast for his awesome job he did

That was supposed to be funny :stuck_out_tongue:.
Good Work there, your Design is very Nice, but you should Block the Coils from Public Access, it could lead to Players pushing other Players in the Beams… And that wears the Machines xD.

@warast If you are within 3 blinksecs of Therka, we could Network :wink:

3 Likes

We are in solum aquapolis. (i dont know the blink space from therka)

sad newz @warast i forgot to add public factory to my beacon list so this guy took it from us before the aquatopia people could :frowning: :frowning:

im very sad as this was to help the comunity :frowning: :frowning:
i also know you could not fuel it since you blessed with new baby so now im happy again :smile:

1 Like

It was taken by player named Hackers

Yeah, I think I mentioned something about this as it was happening then copped a heap of abuse for bringing it up (from a few individuals).

Learned my lesson folks, I’ll just mind my own business instead of trying to help out from now on.

2 Likes

While I can appreciate the irony here, I’m still not convinced it’s a bot and not just somebody holding down a clicker while afk or something.

Like there’s a functional difference. Still someone doing something in game while AFK.

1 Like

Personally I think it does stink to think of someone camping another’s build, auto clicking with the sole purpose to take it from them. Fully I understand we need to pay attention to what we sign up for when we choose to play a mmo, and the responsibilities of our own game(beacon fuel).

But camping to hopefully get a land grab before the person can sign in is tasteless.

And yes I will also get negative comments about how this is life, and that it will be worse when it goes live. BUT for me I still hold to who I am as a person, and even in a game I am the same person, and still think it sucks when people prey on others, game or not. Just because something can be abused, or exploited, or taken advantage of, doesn’t mean one should.

3 Likes

Well, there is a functional difference, and I think the distinction needs to be clearly defined especially when advocating for a permanent ban for something that can be done with just a rubber band around your mouse.

Boting implies modification of game code or circumventing anti-cheat measures. Doing something while afk is not equivalent to boting, and to treat the two as the same seems like an over reaction to me. At the very worst, it’s something that should be designed around to mitigate it’s effectiveness in a way that is not detrimental to over all game play. Durability loss is a good countermeasure. So would be energy loss. But tossing perma-bans? That’s nuts.

8 Likes

Same in my village… this is disturbing

1 Like

while I think camping a beacon with a rubber band on the mouse is just taking advantage of a game mechanic that is meant to be there, when it is the same player doing it in almost every case that’s when it starts to become a problem… kinda like the nature and red gleam thing. if he just beaconed one or two nodes while the rest was still reserved, it wouldn’t have had as much attention and wouldn’t have been such a big deal…
but this player is snatching builds that some people are actually trying to preserve and just stripping it of any valuable resources and just leaving it.
i dunno. it’s not like they’re hard breaking rules, but this doesn’t sit well with me.

4 Likes

Durability needs to become part of all devices so that waving anything constantly destroys the item. Stamina needs to deplete with any activity too. It is not called “playing the game” or a “game” when the only thing happening is taking property while asleep, at work, in school, or whatever. They are not playing. If it’s possible to disable the ability to use rubber bands etc. then do it. These non-players are not playing and are causing a problem for actual players.

This has become a problem even with this just being “practice.” Imagine how much worse it will be after launch with more people, more cheat guides, and lasting effects. It needs fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like

If you don’t want your build being stolen, then you need to keep an eye on your beacons and how much fuel is in them.

That’s really the only thing someone needs to do. If you lapse and don’t fuel it cause you’re gone for 3-6 months, that’s your fault. Devs aren’t responsible for you losing your stuff nor do they need to patch a solution in the game to change an item.

Besides, 1.0 is rolling out later this year so I don’t really see the point in getting worked up over this stuff happening now. The current worlds are going to be irrelevant to your future gameplay experience come 1.0.

It’s not really that different than someone’s build disappearing cause it goes away from world regen (claimed by Wild). There has to be some kind of responsibility placed on the person who lost their stuff and not simply on the person who is “stealing” people’s stuff. Not that there’s any theft going on to begin with. Heck, there was beacon “theft” that went on in Aquatopia when it came to shop stand plots but nobody got upset about that even though shop stands and request baskets probably had coin in them.

We don’t need some hot fix for every little negative thing that a player is going to do.

1 Like

Sure. But consider two players both trying to get the same plot. One is playing the game, waiting. The other is auto whacking while sleeping. Who deserves the plot?

1 Like

While I don’t disagree that durability should be included as part of using the beacon plotter (I believe this is already planned and should fix said issue), I don’t see how people claiming lands that aren’t yours is harming or creating issues for you, aside from you not being able to take them yourself. When a player decides to quit the game, their belongings are released unto the wild. If someone claims them and takes them, at least they get to use them, rather than having them de-spawn forever. If they really did care about what they had – and I have reached out to people who’s beacon was going out through discord (with no response) – they would have dug their stuff up and locked it away in their inventory. Just because someone has this approach doesn’t make them a non-player either, as I’ve learned this method through watching “actual” players that we see in the forums here all the time, I won’t mention names. Eventually this plan won’t work anyway, I don’t see a reason to make a big deal.

Claiming an empty plot is, for the most part, free reign. Trying to claim a beacon about to expire and someone grabs it before you fuel it, then that’s on you.

This isn’t something that needs to be patched. Players need to be aware of how much fuel is in the beacons they want to manage. All the means to protect their build and stuff exists in the game already. Use them. They aren’t some how magically hidden either.

If someone did this to me, I would be angry. Anyone would but that isn’t even the point that needs to be nailed home. You fail to fuel your beacon and someone takes it from you, then that is on you who failed to fuel it. This isn’t about who deserves what. It’s about taking responsibility for something you personally made and wanted to protect.

The thing is, if someone is doing this to lots of other people, like what Hackers seems to do, then the solution is that person gets removed from the game or some sort of punishment befitting the activity they are doing is administrated to that player.

The only time that it would be reasonable for something to get hot patched to prevent stuff like this is when it’s a large amount of multiple people doing it. Right now, it’s not even a small handful of people that are doing this sort of thing. If we keep asking for preventive measures against every slightly negative thing that people do as behavior, then that just starts reallocating time and resources away from things that are actually well into the category of more importance.

Blockquote The thing is, if someone is doing this to lots of other people, like what Hackers seems to do, then the solution is that person gets removed from the game or some sort of punishment befitting the activity they are doing is administrated to that player.

NO, Hackers has done nothing wrong… And he does not deserve any type of punishment… Thats silly!!!

The only thing that needs to happen is durability needs to be put on Plotters so that people can’t try to AFK claim land…