The Public Factory (closed grabbed by other player :( )

Hi everyone !

I’d like to introduce you the Public Factory.

A few days ago @the-moebius ask on the forum if anyone would like to start a new project in aquatopia, @Willouzzz and I decided to create a factory that we would use to craft things for others players who don’t want to craft/handle all the power coils, farm sparks and handle the maintenance of everything.

All a player would need is his mats, no more headaches!

So was born, The Public Factory :

The way it works :

For any single craft, the base cost is 100c.
If the craft requires sparks, there will be additionnal fees : 10c every 100 sparks.

Thats it!

Single Craft cost = 100c + (sparks usage / 10)

Lets see an exemple:

Player X want to craft a Diamond Hammer, he went to boundlessCrafting.com to determine which mats he needs, and how much spark a diamond hammer cost to craft, which is 1440s.

He now knows exactly what he need, and how much it will cost him!( 100c + 144c = 244c)
Now that he has all what he needs :

- 244c
- 3 refined diamonds 
- 4 stick
- 1 leather 
- 1 Enriched Bonding Agent

He simply need to ask @Willouzzz or @Warast on discord (or in-game) to craft it for him.

Thats it !

I ear you, “but what if player X had all the ingredients for the Enriched Bonding Agent, but not the bounding itself”.

Then my friends, he would simply have to pay for the transformation of his Enriched Bonding Agent:

1 Enriched Bonding Agent :

• 4 glues
  • 15 ancient vital essences
  • 15 fresh vital essences
  • 1 shimmering
  • 180 sparks.

His new price would be : 244c(from before) + 100c (base) + 18c (sparks) = 362c.

Finnaly , if he only had base mats :

• 3 refined diamonds → 30 rough, 4320 sparks = 300c (3x base)+ 432c (sparks) = 732c
  • 4 stick → 0c
  • 1 leather → 2 hides + 4 barks, 180 sparks = 100c (base) + 18c (spark) = 118c
  • 1 Enriched Bonding Agent → 4 glues, 15 ancient, 15 fresh, 1 shimmering, 180 sparks = 100c (base) + 18c (spark) = 118c

He would have to pay a grand total of 1212c to craft his hammer from base mats only.

This also applies to bulk craft and single craft, but the base prices are a bit differents:

Bulk Craft cost = 200c + ( sparks usage / 10 )
Mass Craft cost = 300c + ( sparks usage / 10 )

We created the factory to help player who have a hard time with power coils management/crafting and sparks farming, since we are starting just now, we don’t really know yet how it will end up, we may have to adjust prices and workflow over time, but our goal is and will stay the same : Help building this great community.

We hope you’ll like it :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time!

And a HUGE thanks to @the-moebius who sponsored the project :smiley:

TL;DR :

We are opening a public factory crafting for you! You simply need the ingredients and a few coins, we handle everything else for you.

Single Craft cost = 100c + ( sparks usage / 10 )
Bulk Craft cost = 200c + ( sparks usage / 10 )
Mass Craft cost = 300c + ( sparks usage / 10 )

If you have any question ask @Warast or @Willouzzz, here, or on Discord at :

19 Likes

Haha this is awesome guys! Nice job, this is a great idea. Pretty affordable too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Counterfeit, Idea Theft, I call the Police xDDDD

Edit: cough The Forgotten Kingdom of Cog Original is Completely free of Charge :wink:

2 Likes

Technically @Havok40k was the first.

3 Likes

LOL! True! I’m surprised it’s even remembered! And a complete flop it was, too! Though, it was MUCH easier to build your own fully functional workshop then… but that was years ago it seems!

2 Likes

Oh really I did not know at all. And for the pricing, we are not aiming for profit at all, we just dont have enough ressources to pay for all the coal needed. If we can help players, it would be more then enough :blush:

1 Like

you i never the first to come up with a idea in boundless lol
and someone propably did it before me :smile:

2 Likes

i would be happy to split with some coin to reward warast for his awesome job he did

That was supposed to be funny :stuck_out_tongue:.
Good Work there, your Design is very Nice, but you should Block the Coils from Public Access, it could lead to Players pushing other Players in the Beams… And that wears the Machines xD.

@warast If you are within 3 blinksecs of Therka, we could Network :wink:

3 Likes

We are in solum aquapolis. (i dont know the blink space from therka)

sad newz @warast i forgot to add public factory to my beacon list so this guy took it from us before the aquatopia people could :frowning: :frowning:

im very sad as this was to help the comunity :frowning: :frowning:
i also know you could not fuel it since you blessed with new baby so now im happy again :smile:

1 Like

It was taken by player named Hackers

Yeah, I think I mentioned something about this as it was happening then copped a heap of abuse for bringing it up (from a few individuals).

Learned my lesson folks, I’ll just mind my own business instead of trying to help out from now on.

2 Likes

While I can appreciate the irony here, I’m still not convinced it’s a bot and not just somebody holding down a clicker while afk or something.

Like there’s a functional difference. Still someone doing something in game while AFK.

1 Like

Personally I think it does stink to think of someone camping another’s build, auto clicking with the sole purpose to take it from them. Fully I understand we need to pay attention to what we sign up for when we choose to play a mmo, and the responsibilities of our own game(beacon fuel).

But camping to hopefully get a land grab before the person can sign in is tasteless.

And yes I will also get negative comments about how this is life, and that it will be worse when it goes live. BUT for me I still hold to who I am as a person, and even in a game I am the same person, and still think it sucks when people prey on others, game or not. Just because something can be abused, or exploited, or taken advantage of, doesn’t mean one should.

3 Likes

Well, there is a functional difference, and I think the distinction needs to be clearly defined especially when advocating for a permanent ban for something that can be done with just a rubber band around your mouse.

Boting implies modification of game code or circumventing anti-cheat measures. Doing something while afk is not equivalent to boting, and to treat the two as the same seems like an over reaction to me. At the very worst, it’s something that should be designed around to mitigate it’s effectiveness in a way that is not detrimental to over all game play. Durability loss is a good countermeasure. So would be energy loss. But tossing perma-bans? That’s nuts.

8 Likes

Same in my village… this is disturbing

1 Like

while I think camping a beacon with a rubber band on the mouse is just taking advantage of a game mechanic that is meant to be there, when it is the same player doing it in almost every case that’s when it starts to become a problem… kinda like the nature and red gleam thing. if he just beaconed one or two nodes while the rest was still reserved, it wouldn’t have had as much attention and wouldn’t have been such a big deal…
but this player is snatching builds that some people are actually trying to preserve and just stripping it of any valuable resources and just leaving it.
i dunno. it’s not like they’re hard breaking rules, but this doesn’t sit well with me.

4 Likes

Durability needs to become part of all devices so that waving anything constantly destroys the item. Stamina needs to deplete with any activity too. It is not called “playing the game” or a “game” when the only thing happening is taking property while asleep, at work, in school, or whatever. They are not playing. If it’s possible to disable the ability to use rubber bands etc. then do it. These non-players are not playing and are causing a problem for actual players.

This has become a problem even with this just being “practice.” Imagine how much worse it will be after launch with more people, more cheat guides, and lasting effects. It needs fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like