The silence is deafening, everything is on hold

I know that feeling. Still don’t know why my guild switches when I switch planets. Among other things. Tho since I’m only traveling to other planets to break my builds down so I can quit it no longer matters. I just hope no one else gets affected by that bug.

3 Likes

That’s weird. I guess it would cause a problem with any guild buffs that you have too?

1 Like

I get to keep the buffs when it goes back to my main guild. If I need the buffs on a certain planet I had to add an extra stop to my trip otherwise my guild would be wrong.

The devs have video of it happening too. They took the video themselves

2 Likes

No problems here.

Must be nice. Not sure how I can help people that unplot and lose their plots to neighbors. I have no control over other players’ plots.

2 Likes

wondering whether their intention is to, at some point, grant some trusted players with moderator privileges (confined to such controls as above)…

because otherwise james is sure gonna be kept busy

2 Likes

I’m not sure what they may be planning in the future :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s odd to base permissions off of assuming everyone is going to log in & play everyday, check/edit beacon permissions & do it correctly for their specific area, etc. People don’t even bother to fuel beacons or check on stuff after they set it up. To hope everyone shows up and edits their beacons…I dunno.

3 Likes

I have Mall plots being requested and I have zero way of granting the request.
I’m gonna try to be patient, in hopes that this will get sorted.

I also hope moderators will be quick to respond and be fair in their decision making. It’s a small community… I also hope they will be cross-platform so the PS4 community is part of the solution. :blush:

2 Likes

Maybe if we had specific purpose beacons…ie: one for commerce. If you place that beacon, any plots added are ecommerce purpose only and the home/base buffers don’t apply. You could advertise the area as such and anyone that wants to join, needs to use their ecommerce beacons/plots.

The current system is all or nothing. Everyone has to have their beacons set the same way and/or in the same guild or it won’t work.

5 Likes

if they could grant, for example, a mall owner, mod rights within a predetermined area, but nowhere else, that could make sense going forward

1 Like

I’ll edit mine today. In fact, I may take this as a much needed vacation and redo my shop in Gyosha. Every time I go through the portal, I think of how to make it relevant again. :nerd_face::+1:

By the way! The mall looks great! I love the design. :blush: The white is very chic. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Sorry you guys are pulling your hair out. Hopefully this whole things gets resolved quicker than later.

2 Likes

If you need any supplies, lemme know and I’ll donate them to you.

1 Like

I honestly didn’t think it would grind everything to a halt like it has. I thought I would be able to handle it for the most part, but before I even logged on, people had already lost plots.

I know James said he wants everyone to PM him if there are specific issues, but I feel bad doing so because I’d have to do it numerous times a day, everyday. I don’t want them to stop working on new stuff. I have PMd him as he asked. Just wondering what they are thinking/doing/etc right now. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I read this as adding tools so that he could deal with it easier instead of however he had to do it before.

Adding moderators in game, like old school game masters in the EQ/UO days? or how blizzard has customer support staff? If it’s trusted players like you suggest then I don’t trust that at all to play out well. Not at all. There hasn’t been one single game online I’ve played where that type of relationship occurred and it wasn’t abused.

1 Like

I would prefer right now to just have a tool that allows two people to do that between the two plots they own that are touching. There should be no reason to need moderation by another person in that situation. It should only be for those that are inactive or not willing to work with a person on plot control.

2 Likes

Allowing people to give beacons to other people seems like the solution. Reverting things now would probably make things even more complicated.

1 Like

This kinda sucks. I wanted to get a mall space eventually, but for the moment, I guess I can’t. I mean, I still have to sort my main shop but… ahh, hopefully they will sort it soon.

1 Like

I feel exactly the same. I have Mall issues too, and while the co-ops are near and dear to me, I could move past them if they eventually die. But, the mall issue is a big one and I haven’t PM’d him for the same reason. I don’t want to stress them out more than they already must be. So, I’ll wait, patiently.

Honestly, they’ve never let me down and they have been receptive and fair in each instance I’ve asked for help. So, I trust it will work out in the end.

3 Likes

No! Because the system causes problems between player that didn’t need to interact before.

• One might no longer play
  • One might be a minor
  • One might not speel English
  • One might be afraid to interact

If vex wants to give a plot to player A, no interaction with B must be required!