The XP machine: Tedious, but effective

About 2.5 hrs of rock mining
1.3 million experience (6 almost 7 post lvl 50 lvls), lots of gems, lots of coal, lots of metal
Conclusion - Mining rock is the most effective way of leveling currently

7 Likes

With an aoe Hammer that can one-shot T1 and T2 rocks, this is certainly worth it. It’s even decent experience without the aoe.

Nerf incoming? :’(

If you have the patience you can get an alt from 0-50 in no time. and 50-150 in about 20 hrs of rock mining.

I think so pen, you have to unless you want a bunch of people max leveling that quick

Pie and rocks are quite crazy. I did yesterday level new toon from start with tables under 4h to level 50 or 51 with tables :smiley:

1 Like

Haha and bomb mining was a problem! :rofl: grabbin my popcorn and coke this rollercoaster ride just keeps gettin better and better…

1 Like

Shhhh…they already nerfed rock gathering experience…let’s not give them another reason :wink:

2 Likes

They’ll nerf rock crafting experience this time.

1 Like

It’s granted. If they won’t I will be very very surprised.

They need to stop nerfing things that hurt new players.

The issue is the forge and xp pies, all this is goin’ to do is make the early-game and mid-game grinds a nightmare for other people.

If they want to balance the entire game around people who have end-game AOE hammers, xp pies, and rows of rock craftin’ tables, by all means, do so, but they’ll anger new players even more until all they have left are the hardcore players.

70 fewer people on steam this week than last.

6 Likes

I’d bet the majority of players don’t have this so let’s hope we don’t see a nerf for edge cases that affect us all again. There’s only one thing worse than medium mining and that’s medium lumberjacking.

1 Like

Yeah this. Processing rocks on different characters gives me an occasional boost for “normal” mining activity (a bit more dedicated than casual). Just because it’s possible to bang your head against parallel crafting tables for 20 hours until your eyes bleed doesn’t mean we should all get punished.

4 Likes

…but… everyone starts as a new player. Everyone goes through the early grind. Even the people who have end-game AOE hammers, xp pies, and rows of rock craftin’ tables.

1 Like

Fewer people is because of patch 199. THey did that not the high level players. By far the majority of new and old players disagreed with the last patch as a whole. The devs are driving players away with all their changes. I’m pointing out that bombs, IMO, were unfairly targeted. There are pluses and minuses to everything. The system was perfect how it was. Well maybe not perfect, but much better then it is now. Bombs provided a mid level cushion that took away the grind

4 Likes

The game is unbalanced, but it’s a result of some design choices, no number tweaking will help here… And frankly like in many other games, I’d rather have fun and unbalanced game, than balanced grind feast. And even though hammers are OP, id use bombs if they brought them back to pre-nerf state anyway, they were more fun.

5 Likes

If they’re just going to nerf everything I quit. Seriously. This grind is not enjoyable.

2 Likes

Before nerfing, devs should ask themselves why people do this.

Everyone know the answer: A large part of the game is 100% boring, mining take waaaay too much importance to get out of mid-game. Nothing can replace it (even stone, they should come from somewhere in the first place), hunting doesn’t provide anything for crafting coil, we have no alternative.

Whilst I don’t disagree there is too much grind, that’s not why I do this. I do it because my crafter has volume crafting and I need the stones for refined rocks. The XP is a nice side benefit of an evening of slow 2xp per rock bashing.

3 Likes

Do you eat the pie when queueing the rocks or when receiving the exp? :open_mouth:

When receiving the xp 8)