The XP machine: Tedious, but effective

Honestly best community I’ve played probably ever​:grin::grinning:

1 Like

Is that teaching pies?.. think I’ve been doing this all wrong!

1 Like

Definitely end game but my newbness will try it if I can find some pie at a decent price. Curious about the effect sub 20 without end game gear.

Easy to Nerf. If you get x xp in y time you are flagged for exploit and can’t earn xp for z time. Solves this and all future cases with zero impact to legitimate crafting.

2 Likes

I’d just remove Aoe from forge on tools. It’ll ■■■■ the high end players off but trying to fix all the issues that arises from these hammers mainly is just going to hurt everyone. Or like others said, remove persisting and xp food, perhaps forged tools take a huge durability hit?
Idk…Unless they find a way to somehow expone…Oh idk. This is a mess, i’m not particularly smart and i’m dreading the devs next action.

This really doesn’t need a nerf though because it’s a situation where you put forth the time, effort and brainpower to bend a mechanic to your will that is legitimate in every sense of the word. If they nerf this, it’s because they just don’t want us (the players) to hit 50, in which case what does that say about the devs…

Res ipsa loquitur

2 Likes

But 50 in a day? Plenty of players could (probably do) sell this. That seems broken for any game to me.
Then there’s cubit gain, even if everyone was against a nerf i’ve never known a dev team not to take action when it impacts the cash shop, even slightly.
What about the economy? These hammers are becoming more prevalent and cheaper by the day, eventually there’ll be so much resources (gems, ores, rocks) flooding the market that all associated will be worth little. I don’t think the resource sinks could keep up.
The low-mid level won’t be earning coin, smaller shops will suffer. On 1 hand I suppose it’d be good for all trying to skip grind like coils; but on the other it could quite easily cause a kind of deflation.
If you think about it, it is all interconnected and there’s probably more issues someone more knowledgable than me can point too…Ofcourse I can easily be worrying about nothing and someone can put me straight :stuck_out_tongue:

For a newer player like myselfs, it feels a lot harder/more expensive to get good aoe hammers vs bomb mining.

It’s not bad to buy some AOE to use on low level for power leveling, but when actually mining to try and get diamond/titanium+ for crafting the expense seems much higher.

Howdy nieghbor. That’s becuase bombs arnt really hot anymore. After the bomb nerf every moved to AoE hammers. Supply/Demand.

Well it’s not easy to pull off!
It’s more like a oneshot experiment for the fun.

You need huge amount of rocks, maybe +100k?
A room full of Crafting table, Workbench, Refinery fueled with spark.
The ability to craft teaching pie (level 5 food) and a solid planning.

Then you must feed these machines for hours while your buff is active.

1 Like

I think you need buff when you receive XP, not when feeding machine.

2 Likes

The setup is time consuming; though hundreds of crafting tables can be made in next to no time, and you don’t need spark to turn stones into refined rock. Once you have the machines, and the hammers for mass mining, this can be done in no time at all - and you can even buy the teaching food if you can’t make it.

There is an issue here though, I believe. It puts the ability to farm huge amounts of plots and cubits in the hands of those who are willing to do this; things that are supposed to come gradually.

2 Likes

Yes you are right.
Imo it’s something you can do at endgame to boost your alts.
Not at reach for new players (unless they get strong assistance).
I would not nerf every XP from stone crafting. Only remove the teaching buff on them.

I included refined decorative in the process for extra XP. That’s why I mention sparks.
But yes, you can skip it and only care about stones.

1 Like

As far as being out of reach for non endgame players, i was using 30 crafting tables to make stone just from several levels of mining with iron hammers. I can’t provide accurate numbers but I was playing 4 or 5 hours a day and after a week i’d acquired a huge amount of rock. They filled many storage blocks. After the benches and refinery I dumped so many because there was too many to know what to do with. I used all mine without the exp pie (I didn’t know they existed yet lol) and still got loads of exp. If i focused on nothing but that and bought a few pies I could have gained loads more levels not just on me but alts.
The only real barrier I see is knowledge of it.

I agree game shouldn’t go more hard for new players. Maybe around level 30 character starts to feel first time to be able to do all kind of stuff.

In my table crafting leveling setting craft queues took for me about 80 min, wasn’t exactly fun thing to do. Still I find it interesting that game allows to “speed run” to level 50 :smiley:
I wouldn’t suggest boosting new players to max. I think that learning game by normal play way is first needed that players would actually stay around and keep playing. Many games players just have one objective: hitting max level and then they leave :frowning: In Boundless universe game is all the time around us and leveling up just makes character better easier to gather things for building :slight_smile:

I don’t think that stats should be watched too much, new players join and others leave what ever reasons. I think it is quite common that players try new games and go for new game every week.

In that case I did eat after 2-3 min first queue was set because xp does start to come while setting tables active state.

Economy has it flaws there is right now easy to use free portal networks that allow players go to mine higher level planets without paying anything. I guess when we get planets where distance is so far (if there isn’t going to be new mechanics by then) that players have to warp there instead of using free portal networks prices will start to rise.

Or limit teaching buff to some high but not too high value like 500k xp, would maybe against being game boundless, but doubling normal tables 1.5M xp gain is maybe little bit too much :smiley: Still like you wrote it does require anyway materials and (too much) time to set crafting queues just for rocks.

If you have too much stones and don’t know what to do with those, try sell those away for cheap :slight_smile: There isn’t enough shops that sell non-refined stone around, in wide catalogue of colours. Also pies have been more rare. Before patch 199 if you found teaching pie price was usually over 5k, now those might get little bit cheaper :slight_smile:
“Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon.”

1 Like

I am outside city and no portal so it never crossed my mind, besides with the sheer amount I amassed I figured everyone had much stone and so no market for it. Ah well, you live and learn.

Yea if the nerfs keep up the game will be come a ghost town. Already dropped a lot of people, prices are stupid high, and shops look so empty. This all cause of the bomb mining and recipe nerfs.

1 Like

They could just buy then with cash if they want them that bad. Stuff is going to keep on and the whole game will be nerfed to oblivion. Then these guys will be wondering why the servers closed down. We don’t have a way to play it off line.

Well meteors are going to be fixed soon to where they drop proper amounts of resources for hunters. I spent hours looking for gems and never found any, meanwhile today I got a ruby and emerald from a t3 meteor i soloed on a t4 planet. I had to take off my dmg epic and switch to armor epic, but after that i took 0 dmg from nearly every mob, i assume when my armor is maxed I will fear nothing and get enough gems to make power cells that won’t cost me 10-20k a piece in coin that I don’t have lol. If atlases were updated in real time gem mining would be a breeze, all mining and gathering tbh. I find atlas’s to be near useless due to the 24 hour time limit for updates. It should update everytime you zoom in on the atlas. Until that day, it looks like im solo tanking meteors for gems.

1 Like

When they nerf block crafting and teaching food and everyone asks why I am just going to point them to the sword on the hill.

1 Like

you’re better off joining a large hunting party. level 1-2 meteors don’t drop much of anything and they can take quite a while to defeat as a tank specialization.

For example, running with the [PS] or Ultima hunting parties i easily make 10-20 assorted gems per hour (if the meteors are consistant)

Might not sound like much when you look at gems alone, but i also make 40-80k worth of creature materials per run, easy peasy!

2 Likes