The XP machine: Tedious, but effective

Craft table leveling “fast”, working, but too much clicking for me to do it again :smiley:

8 Likes

Teaching Pies are out of reach for a lot of people, especially until they already have high characters.

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/raw-teaching-pie

1000 power to a Mixer.

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/purified-butter

1500 power to a Mixer.

1 Like

I don’t see a reason to nerf this. It’s not an abuse. If a person spends enough time getting all the rocks and crafting them to stone, then it’s not an abuse.

bombs were never intended to mine with in the first place. They may not of needed to get nerfed to the extent they were.

Not all nerfs are equal. I don’t think this needs a nerf.

4 Likes

in my experience Athey are easily found in shops. And if they happen to be sold out a loaf is nearly as affective and very attainable

Excellent video almond!!

5 coils at 15k = 75k, also a bit of a way in. It’s not like the chisel from 1-15 in terms of impact imo.

As with the nerf to bomb mining to slow the rate of gems, would not a better idea be to enhance and create better and more enjoyable ways to level up instead of focusing on nerfing current stuff? I mean, I’d much rather go hunting or build a sweet-looking mansion but that would actually impede my ability to level up. No, instead the fastest way to level up is to again smash aimlessly at a rock wall to progress.

Need gems/ores to progress? Smash at rocks. Need to level up? Smash at rocks. Does anyone else see the problem here? Give us some freakin alternatives that are actually active and fun so we’ll stop digging holes and smashing rocks.

1 Like

Or they could just. You know. Make everything easy and fun? You know, like a game is meant to be? And not just make a second job that don’t pay you at all?

Let the crafters craft, let the miners mine, and the builders build without needing to cross very often.

1 Like

Think your forgetting one very important aspect. Cubits gained for leveling. Such an easy way to mass gain cubits ruins the games chances at making money in the future. Especially now that its public knowledge, people are just not going to buy cubits. Plots are the biggest reason to spend money right now due to having more land means you can build more/prestige more. Why buy cubits when you can just amass levels heavily on your main and get loads of cubits for free?

You need to consider not just levels, but the cubit gain as well. It was never intended to level that quickly, and further saying “let miners mine” Is ridiculous because if I told you “you can do this for a month and get some levels, your you can do this for a couple days and reach max level” you know what many people with choose? The easier option. Because at the end, they can just skill respec or buy another skill page and roll the character they actually wanted to play, only this time they don’t have to spend forever in mid tier hell to get max.

Further if people don’t see a problem with this, then I suggest boundless start selling max level potions in the shop for real cash. Its pretty much the same thing.

@Merln Hey, I joined a few days ago too. Any chance I could get a ride to lvl 50? I,ll pay you in any coins I gain from achievements :D. I’m sure mass crafting nets you a few end tier achievements.

1 Like

Games like Guildwars have been running for years on 20 levels and fixed cap stats.

The real way to make money is INTERESTING CONTENT.
Stop spreading bad philosophy and mobile games scam strategy.

3 Likes

Actually guildwars like most bad games of its type, continues by selling enhanced items for real money as well as “gachapon” type gambling by selling keys to chests that have very low chances of rolling for the good items that are worth a damn. And if im not mistaken, you can also buy a level up in guild wars, and i quote, “Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket” So… try again.

2 Likes

Yeah youre right about the shop of Guildwars. And this is a shame.
Because these games don’t need it.

NCsoft SquareEnix and many others publisher push hard to include these in any games.
We don’t need players to beg for it.

True, but we also don’t need a method in game that replicates it. One of the few ways boundless makes money now to existing players is selling cubits. Which is used for either masks, or plots. The cosmetics are… okay, not very noteworthy, and only take 8 levels at start, or 3 levels past 50 to buy one. The big cubit sponge? Plots. That encourages people to get as many as possible to own the world. This is their strongest money maker right now, but with this current xp machine, theres no need to ever spend money on cubits again. People will just dig holes when they want more plots.

So i’m saying if they want to keep this around, they could go the extra mile and sell instant level potions, or they need to nerf this in some way by adding an extra layer of resource consumption to refine the stone, or lower the xp of it. Because this outshines even looking for high tier ore.

Ie: compared to all other activities in game, this mindless act creates unlimited amounts of xp that shouldn’t be possible in such a short period of time.

Please no more added resource cost for current recipes and no more xp cuts as xp is hard enough to come by as it is. This inadvertently makes building and leveling harder for early/mid game. This process is only viable end game. If they were to limit anything about this, which I feel they shouldn’t as the rocks still need to be farmed, I would say limit the max xp you can get in an allotted amount of time.

Every game has a “fastest way to level” if you devote enough time to it. If you already have the money to buy cubits, you will still buy the cubits because this is still a very tedious process.

2 Likes

just remove the exp multiplier from food when recieving exp from machines should be enough.

2 Likes

I was just thinking of making it take fuel for refining is all. Nothing special. But perhaps then they need to up the xp for other activities then? Bumping up ore xp, hunting xp, etc. The advanced mobs of course are fine as is, but the lower ones should get a bump to make it similar to xp you get from mass refining stone, since both are easy to do and just take time to do them, nothing very special at all.

That could help but the food would also need to be made easier to craft as well

yes, i never had one since its to much efford, so i stick on level 40 since a few days :frowning:

I doubt anyone would complain about increased xp gains lol

Well if you think about it, the food is kinda strange… I get the idea behind it, easier levels for higher level players that only build/craft, it makes sense that the food would be so high to craft since its only to benefit those purebloods that don’t want to do anything else on that character. Perhaps instead it should be made as follows. No more refining xp bonus, or very minimal at best. Much longer duration times, and increase the quantity of food crafted per recipe. This way pure crafters/builders can get the exp bonus they need to level at higher levels without having to do other things, but this will stop people from exploiting the mass refinery process. That way the food goes back to doing what it was intended to be used for.

Further due to the power requirements, and gem planets being terrible for most players atm due to the limit of gems available, the power cost should be cut down until gems are more abundantly available to be mined by non-vets