This game lacks intuitive use

I placed a beacon twice and lost it within 5 mins of hunting for bones to create storage boxes. It’s not showing in ‘places’ either - only my old one from a week ago is that I forgot to fuel after only fueling it for a day. So I logged in and literally lost everything. So I went on my way but my storage is constantly full and having to place crafting tables diagonally for storage is a pain since the way it takes up space is annoying.

I just lost my beacon again and exited the game since it’s getting really cumbersome.

Also, where do I see my coords? I always play with coords but I can’t pop them up?

EDIT: I like the game, it just lacks ease of use in some way.

1 Like

the only way I’ve figured out how to see my coords is to open up the menu, go to places and then click on your current location.

I’ve seen screenshots with tons of debug info including some kind of graph and most likely coords so it must be possible… I agree though it’s not easy for a beginner…

1 Like

Press F1 and then debug info. The coordinates are there. Also, in order not to lose places, you should save locations in your 'Places menu’s. Also, any beacon which was at any time fuelled should show up in the menu. Was the beacon you lost fuelled?

2 Likes

Yeah… Now I can’t do anything. I can’ t place a craft table because I can’t place a campfire because my plots are used in the beacon that I lost. So now I have to wait 1day to a week to try again lmao

If any devs are reading this please delete ALL my beacons.

oh beauty! you can select what you want, move it and resize it!! XD
thank you!!

2 Likes

In the places menu all your beacons should be tracked and you can set way points to them. Currently the is a limit on beacons in this menu and I think it is 10 beacons.

4 Likes

Beacons expire and ppl can reclaim the land.

1 Like

I agree. This game is really not friendly to new people. I assume developers wanted to create something original, but the result is that newbies smash their faces into the wall every time they expect something similar to the mechanics prevalent in the genre. Sometimes I can’t even find a reasonable explanation why is there a major roadblock in something trivial. Like not being able to craft simple storage for a long time or learning skills to unlock machines and finding out that recipes that make them useful are in the completely different branch of the skill tree. Not to mention the whole “spark” thing that is completely counter-intuitive.

No it’s not there. I tried all three in it. They all lead to old campfires and one old beacon(these do’t exist anymore. All the while I can’t place another campfire because my other beacon’s location is lost on me. So I’ll have to wait a week to play the game…

You should always be able to find your beacons and campfires. If this isn’t happening we’ll need to fix it.

Additionally the Tutorial should teach you how to find your Beacon or Campfire if you’ve lost them.

5 Likes

If the plots are expired you can remove them from that menu. Beacons do not have to be in a plot to make it still claimed. I do not disagree the game has a huge learning curve.

1 Like

I must say, at the beginning I found the game very intuitive and fun and no smashing of my face occurred. All I can say is read the tutorial carefully and don’t assume that this game is like any of the others in this genre. And how is spark counter intuitive?

5 Likes

F1 dev tools does not contain coords that match the places coords. The only way I know to get those it to constantly open current location via places.

If F1 dev tools contains matching ones I have no idea where. I have looked over and over.

I ran to them all. One led me to an empty field where I put one of my very first campfires, which was last weekend. After that campfire I excavated a two chunk room in a mountain to get started on building an actual building. I pit a beacon in there and then quickly fueled it with a leaf or three, lasting it a day. I told myself to get more leaves before I ffinish the excavating because otherwise I’ll lose it, but forgot to do so (I’m very forgetful).

I logged in this weekend with everything gone of course, but no biggie. I then went exploring and unded up in Munteen VII where I was one shot by everything and lost all my tools durability.

Finally found an exit and came back to Therka. Quickly created a new beacon and put it a excavated area of a mountain. I lost it. Did it again, lost it. This all seemed to happen because I didn’ tthikn of naming it - again, I’m very forgetful.

And then I came here and made this post.

My actual first intention was (I’m forgetful and just remembered lmao) proposing an idea where you can switch on that whenever you are near your beacon you’ll see it on your screen and not the map or compass or whatever. The distance to which this shows could also be adjustable.

Ir also didn’t help that this time I think I did fuel it plenty so I probably have to wait a week and a few days before I can have a go again…

No, but if you want to get to a saved place you saved, set it as your destination

1 Like

Beacons cannot be set as a “waypoint” which is kind of stupid to not allow it. You have to use a saved place which then takes away from the very limited “saved locations” count. These things need to be adjusted to help people not lose beacons or be able to get home and not lost.

3 Likes

I started about 2 weeks ago and I felt the same. The only thing counter intuitive to me was the mastery system. (But that can easily be fixed by the ui explaining it better … like … at all :rofl:)

3 Likes

Beacons are on the Beacons tab on the warp panel. You can warp straight to those. You wouldn’t need to save that as a Location.

Edit: Ignore this, I misread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I forgot about this, however you can set it as your home temporarily and it will show up on your compass

2 Likes

There is a wikipedia being made right now with information and guides. That will be helpful for new players once it gets more information.

2 Likes