šŸ˜¢ This makes me sad

Itā€™s not that no one cares. The scenario that you are worried about, technically canā€™t happen. The devs can add infinite permanent planets. If one is fully plotted or if all of one type of resource is plotted, they can spawn a new world. Also, if thereā€™s an influx of new players, weā€™ll get new perm planets. And so on.

Plusā€¦exos are full of resources & canā€™t be plotted.

Interesting because I would never say that no one should care. I like the game so much that I spend my free time creating non-monetized videos for it, telling people on social media about it, helping people on the forums, etc. By the way, Iā€™ve got resource farms Iā€™ve saved/plotted for the public too. :wink:

7 Likes

Ya, where is that post? I know @james had chimed in once before on this years ago, saying that if a certain % of a planet is plotted, the system auto-generates a new sister-planet with same resourcesā€¦ canā€™t find postā€¦

But, that is basically the answer from the devs, yes.

EDIT: is this how Drassak and Trung came to be?

youā€™re welcome

7 Likes

Thanks!

Itā€™s funny to see @james brainstorming for exo-planets in real-time all the way back in Oct '18. good stuff

2 Likes

Wonder why Biitula 2 has not spawned?

Nope. We had over 800 players online trying to access the sanctum, portals, etc. If a bunch of players plotted an entire planet, I donā€™t think James would ok the spawn of a new oneā€¦just for that (not sure tho).

Edit to add:

1 Like

Dzassak and Trung did spawn during free weekend event 2019. These two are latest permanent planets. I think backer planets were described to be on first 50 planets so maybe because of that, exo system and lower player base new permanent planets havenā€™t show up.

To original topic I donā€™t see why this plotting ā€œresourcesā€ is now coming so heated, this is old mechanic of game. Just plot area/air if something needs to be available on next time or else it could have something strange next time.

1 Like

Because no one wants another Biitula situation! :rofl:

5 Likes

It did on test

4 Likes

With lots ā€¦ and lots ā€¦ of building space over there :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lol

What I understood is that also resources are taken in consideration and since biitula doesnā€™t has any exclusive resources, the problem with lack of space is not enough to Spawn another planet because there is a lot of space left in all the other planets

From what I remember the planet spawning isnā€™t currently set on auto, but instead pings the developers when the criteria are met. This stops us from playing planet spawning games like what a few of us brainstormed back on release.

7 Likes

Maybe a t6 planet that nobody can plot and is permanent for harvesters?

2 Likes

Doubt this is even going to happen if we already have exos. I know they are not permanent but they are here to fill that gap also seems like a lot of things needed for rental planets are being finished lately, so we will eventually have more planets.

2 Likes

I can certainly attest to this. Iā€™ve had tons of suggestions both in public like this and private during phone calls with the Devs. 90% of the suggestions canā€™t easily be implemented because of how one things affects other areas of the game. So it takes a lot of time to work toward it and also even add the technology needed to support the idea.

Something that I had a long talk about with the Devs over 1.5 years ago is almost coming to the game. So patience is really needed. Most importantly - working through the idea and finding the right time for when it makes sense to be implemented. It is hard to know when that is and only the Devs do. They will change the game, website, systems, or whatever is needed when it makes sense and they are ready for it.

Resources cannot get locked down basically. They will spawn in non-plotted areas and distribute different in areas that are mined over and over. I forget all the specifics but it isnā€™t as bad an issue as it sounds. Iā€™ve had personal conversations about this with James and brought some ā€œlockedā€ to his attention. He certainly does care but sees it as less of an issue because of how regen works compared to people that donā€™t understand all the base systems. Plus he has to find the right time to deal with stuff and there are other parts of the game that are much more important to fix now. If people only knew how much James really did careā€¦

1 Like

I have found the answer I wanted. I can rest in peace now.

2 Likes

Ive mentioned a half dozen times if you make the resource randomly spawn on a planet you couldnt wall of resources at all,tons of games do this.

Once itā€™s collected, new ones spawn in a diff location?

1 Like

Yes exactlyā€¦in other words todays hotspot is tmrws cold spot

I think Iā€™ve mentioned this in the past too tbh. It would prob keeel regen farming :thinking: I donā€™t think people are ready for that