Thoughts on plots

its funny you mention that as eventually i want a big medieval castle but i worked out that its gonna take atleast 700 up to a thousand plots and i currently have 235 so without dropping a few hundred £ on them it’s gonna take awhile,while i do feel limited at mo the plus side is A) thank f*cking god i dont need to farm them mats up right now (i’ve not even been back 2 weeks barely so not like i’m sitting on a few hundred k of stone+) B) i’m not actually that fussed,not really trying to play get it all asap.

what on earth are you building for 38k plots!?

same here,trung is one of my favorite <T5 planet hence why i live there,i couldnt find any other planet that had the sheer size of mountains trung has.

1 Like

I am doing a fantasy dome on top of a spacecraft. The dome is 50 plots in diameter and goes to sky ceiling. Its going to be an extremely long term project. The spacecraft will in a circular depression under the ground level that goes to mantle. Should be finished in 2030. :wink:

5 Likes

i’ve heard of dreaming big but aren’t you taking that a little far :stuck_out_tongue:
honestly though that would be epic to see,if you ever make it that far ofcourse :wink:

2 Likes

You have to be a wizard :rofl:

2 Likes

Inter dimensional space.

1 Like

Lol then its pointless and can just as well plot it.:wink:

Not if you live on a planet where the trees are easily 5 to 6 plots high!!!

3 Likes

I think the system is fine as is, The only Argument here that I see as having some validity in my personal opinion is about new players. If it is indeed the case that new players are quitting the game due to hitting the plot wall very early on, then maybe new players need to start out with X amount of plots more then what they currently are starting with.

For everyone else who is not new. I think the current rate of plot gain is fine, If you want more plots, then there are ways you can go out and get more. I don’t really see why it needs to be made easier.

Depending what „reasonable“ is defined as, while it is technically fair, I may think it also greedy and selfish depending on the reasoning for it and the amount

Thats True :wink:

This seems a lot easier in theory than in practice.

If you split your building space, the most obvious risk is that you give up some of your creative control… Even when people give their consent to what you’re building, they’re free to withdraw it at any time and they may do just that. There are some groups where this wouldn’t be a problem at all, but I bet there are plenty where it would.

The other issue is that “things happen”. Someone could be “incommunicado” for too long, life could get in the way and they slip on beacon maintenance, or personal disputes could mean that part of your project is held hostage or even wrecked in the ensuing conflict. And the current state of being able to transfer beacons and/or replicate builds means that even a peaceful handoff at a later date could get complicated. I remember cruising through Pixelgate one day during Early Access, and like 1/4 of the Oort Temple had simply ceased to be because it was on someone else’s lawn and nobody ever sent a memo about that beacon expiring.

This is why Beyonce doesn’t let the rest of Destiny’s Child work on her builds anymore.

2 Likes

The problem with “community” builds is ownership. The way the game determines ownership of a plot. Some people don’t like the idea of a community leader going rogue and doing the whole “I’m taking my toys and I’m going somewhere else.” mentality. Stuff like this cause communities to end up crumbling in mere days, if not hours. I, for one, don’t like the idea of having somebody else “own” my home, so as a result, I need to have the amount of plots necessary to contain said space and maintain it.

1 Like

I agree with DK but it should be scaled, perhaps just that as skill points seem to jump from 2 to 4 after 50+, so should cubits get a boost. Exploring my own feelings on this topic and man - there are a lot of reflections. I didn’t want to be so territorial, but after a few people have built here close to my home I am starting to feel that way. I don’t have the plots to protect my area, and the newb builds are smack in the middle of an expansion… either I make a mad dash to farm as much xp as I can, aggressively plot, and try to stop them from growing (by extent discouraging them from playing) or I concede, turtle up, and hope these players move on to more open ground, some day… but for now it looks like they are here and unless I want to commit dozens of hours to XP farming, I have to accept that my future plans wont happen. It kinda is a bummer, I don’t want to play as much if this kind of thing happens. I build away from everyone for a REASON, but I put in a portal and now… I’m the mayor of newb ville. =(

Them or me and I guess it’s them who win this one, with 6 plots placed in open ground a slingbow shot from my farm.

2 Likes

The point I was implying, and you are supporting in a roundabout way, is that many of our players, for various reasons, don’t have the mindset to work with others. The devs can’t really adjust the plot balance for solo players that each want enough plots for a great city and not expect the communities to quickly plot entire planets. Its just not sustainable. Honestly, its probably too easy right now to amass plots doing certain activities.

1 Like

one possibility that could help would be that from a certain height for example 10 plots it costs nothing to plot the rest over and under
which would make large buildings significantly cheaper and might have had less negative impact than just more plot overall

1 Like