Threads should not be locked because OP asked

Just because a topic is done or a question is answered for OP doesn’t mean that other people don’t have a related question or something new to add.

This is a forum, not a help desk where tickets get closed when they are resolved. Threads should stay open (unless they have to be closed because they break the rules).

12 Likes

I agree only if it’s because the op doesn’t like what they have to say if it’s complete and the op says they got their question answered then yea it should be closed

1 Like

Yeah, I am not used to this way where on threads are closed when good discussion is going on.

3 Likes

Some people just don’t like it when their threads go off on too much of a tangent or things are getting out of control etc.
Personally have no problem with them requesting threads to close, as we can always start a new one to continue the convo if really needed.
I also have no problem with threads going off into the woods…kinda interesting seeing how things can grow in unexpected directions and I can scroll very quickly :+1:

Also see this topic as a challenge to how far off the rails we could take this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we make @scrufola request that this thread be closed?! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is my first time on a forum and I agree that it should not be this way

3 Likes

I once asked if we can auto close threads after they were inactive for some time. To this day my biggest, and most necroed thread. :slight_smile:

People convinced me that threads should never get locked because there might always be something new and important to add. I kinda agree (but would love if the forum would auto tag every thread with the current patch number when it is created).

But now we have threads quite often where people don’t agree with OP and start an interesting discussion and by the time I would like to take part in that discussion it’s already over. That’s not how a forum should work. Forums are for discussion and as long as the discussion is civil it shouldn’t be stopped.

10 Likes

True just if the answer is done and all convos that were started ended then it should be ended

1 Like

most ask for a closing request if they think salt will start to pour or ‘‘get out of hand’’ or off topic.
I’m not bothered with it myself but yeah if others are it should be looked into depending on the situation, leaving certain threads open also prevents new threads created to continue where it was left off , something to consider depending on the thread and of course the reason to keep it open

3 Likes

This does frustrate me especially when they ask a question then change the thread title, and edit the post to ask for a close after someone answers.

Leave it there so someone else can find it!

11 Likes

My views slightly different. If leah etc are around to close threads, why won’t they post any updates/check in or just say we are still about.

Just “thread closed” . To me that’s an even bigger kick in the teeth

2 Likes

@Leahlemoncakes you got anything to say to that :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I get what you are saying

2 Likes

As a newcomer to Boundless it makes me mad. I need information and it leads to nowhere because its locked or closed

3 Likes

Make another post…that will work :rofl:

2 Likes

i kinda feel same way.

im ok with it if its just trading topic or so.

When it comes example to “future of boundless” threads that theres like 10 alrdy… cause one after another those get locked for various reasons.

mainly i would like to OP s have some sort of understanding where they get their foot into…
with this kinda community… even we can get over 200 posts just about speculations etc.

usually topics get locked cause OP asks or someone has “crossed a line” whatever that means in here… i think nowadays you just have to write something with specific username to get people mad.

As said above this doesnt rly help newer players either who actually are using this site for info.

6 Likes

Just Post and Post Just

Host what happened to your face

3 Likes

Code of Conduct

Includes: no flaming/shaming other players, staying on topic, & no spamming (not posting the same topic over & over)

There is a thread for anyone to post feedback, grievances, etc. It is not hidden & it stays up.

There are many factors that go into deciding to close a thread, or other action, if needed. You are welcome to post on the forums, but there are rules. Sometimes people say there are too many off-topic comments and they can’t find comments/answers related to the thread & sometimes people say let them stay. :woman_shrugging:

Discuss the game & the features - the good, the bad, the fun, the builds, hunts, trades, etc. Go Off-topic, PMs or Discord for anything else. If you start verbally attacking each other or sabotage a thread, it will be locked/removed/etc. The admins might take additional actions, as needed.

A lot of newer players here won’t know who he is/was, but I can’t say it any better myself than Steggs did:

7 Likes

I didn’t notice its original message much, yet find it amusing that it’s the most necro’d thread on here.

1 Like

I’ve sent them a message regarding that thread. I don’t know why the auto-mod hasn’t closed it by now. I might have missed it being manually opened or being kept open for some reason (it does seem to bring joy/raise moral a bit when people post on it.)

Edit: the necro thread will not be closed. Please use it responsibly. :wink:

4 Likes