Tips for a newbie about to hit level 20?

Hi all!

I’ve been playing actively since May 8 and I’m very close to hitting level 20.

I heard someone say in the All chat in game the other day that once you hit level 20, you can no longer freely remove and add skill points between skills, you have to start using clear points.

I admit, during my first 19 levels, I’ve used the clear skill feature extensively so that I can dig efficiently, then build efficiently, then travel to worlds that need protection, etc.

Since this freedom is coming to an end for me, I’m wondering if any of you have suggestions for the best places to use my skill points for a balanced play experience/continuing to level up.

I’m planning to reallocate my points one last time before I hit level 20.

4 Likes

don’t worry too much about skill points. boundless is very generous with them (you will get 2x as many after lvl 50. it was an issue only for a little while

3 Likes

My best advice is to have a few alts.

Once you hit lvl 50 you get more skill points and can get extra skill pages.

5 Likes

One tip: specialization. Don’t try to do it all on one character / skillpage, it’s not going to end well. If you don’t want to wait till lvl 50 to do a new profession (skillpage) I’d get an alt. Crafting is a good option for a first alt, it’s going to be boring if you can’t craft anything yourself, and putting crafting skills on your miner for example isn’t a good idea either.

6 Likes

You will continue to do this as you progress. Find a balance of the things you like to do and the things that net some good XP. This Jiivita video helped me the most, it’s a little old but still pretty relevant https://youtu.be/8M5K-GqaGAg

1 Like

where do you live? best way to lvl up is to use 3x3 tools and craft a lot and mine a lot
melt a lot, play a lot xd

3 Likes

Hunting is not bad either and you get money pretty quickly to afford hammers and coils

2 Likes

You’re going to want alts. I’d make one now :blush:

1 Like

don’t ever settle on biitula

3 Likes

I’m on Seginiakai, in Anvil.

1 Like

What is an alt?

An alternate character - if you go to the exchange, it’s under “extras”

Personally I suggest an additional character over an additional skill page. Simplified reason: you can switch characters any time, while switching skill pages is restricted.

that depends… pages are better for a character that stays at home beacon (crafter / builder / forger, you will need more pages to be able to craft everything) and can switch them without penalty at home beacon and can keep the inventory ( as these specializations tend to carry a lot of stuff, but miner, shoveller or hunter are better as alts

1 Like

For me I did the multiple characters at the start. But I wish I didn’t. I now start my gf account and just focused on leveling up with skill pages.i think just focus on leveling up the character you got after lvl 50 you get double points. So it gets pretty quick after that

1 Like

As a noob who did this recently, I think the best way to secure a quick level up process is to get
Hammers (10 points = 5 mastery + 5 epic)
Power (5 points)
Damage Epic (5 points)

which will help you mine faster. This means you’ll be specializing in mining for the near future, until you get enough skill points to do whatever your heart desires. Check out Nexton’s gleam farm on Serpenserendi for fast exp, but you’ll need environmental protection. You can shave a few points off of power for that if you want.

My hammering/mining skill page is now my hammering/shooting-things skill page, which also uses the power and damage epic.

3 Likes

I second the miner route. Once you get an AOE hammer that can one-shot rocks on the world you’re mining the xp will come flooding in. Also an alt or two so you don’t get bored.

1 Like

I added multiple characters around level 30 but I agree with a lot of the comments for adding at 20. The biggest benefit for me is that I can specialize crafters from gathers, miners, hunters and builders. This allows me to always have a character ready for its intended purpose. I don’t have to switch out a character’s inventory (tools, specialized food etc). Also it gives me the ability to leave a character at their current farming/mining location(planet) switch to a crafting character who is stationed at my main base if it’s time to move my crafting materials to the next machine then switch back to my farming character and continue on farming exactly where I left off. Even early in the game and at the lower levels, an extra alt or 2 will help improve your access to more of the games mechanics and materials. I currently have 6 characters and now most with multiple skill pages and I find I’m using 5 or 6 of them on a daily basis still to this day.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is with having your primary character spec’d as a miner to gather rock to mass produce stone which can also be refined.

@truus pm me when ur online

Dont worry too much.
What i suggest is having at least
8power.
(dexterity optional but 7 or 8 for that).
8 luck.
5 bonus attributes
few points in vitality aint bad either… helps you with the higher tiers

spend cubits in the exchange and buy an additional character slot. Then create an additional character. Since you know what to expect, leveling the new character will go faster. My main is level 54 and I just recently created an alt to take over as my crafter, leaving main free to go hunting/mining.