Tips for the community - crafting time-gate workarounds

Hey all. I’ve seen a few folks talking about long crafting times so I thought I’d share what my strategy has been in dealing with these times in the hope that at least one of these tips helps you out!

1.) When making a new tool (read: a tool you have not used before. For example, upgrading from stone to iron, wood to stone, etc.) make only 1 to start! That way, you can go around using that new tool and don’t have to wait for a batch. Once you’ve made one, make three. As you go around using your one tool it should be broken by the time the three are done. THEN you can make ten. But if you’re making ten off the bat, then yes, you’re going to have to wait for a while.

2.) Do other things while you wait. If you’re just sitting and waiting for 30 minutes for a batch to finish, you’re losing some time where you could be exploring, hunting, getting more wood, mining, etc. There’s always some resource you could be gathering more, so spend the time you’re waiting for on other activities!

3.) Build multiple machines. You can get several batches going at once, work on different projects, etc. instead of just waiting on one machine to finish all of your things.

4.) Queue up items before leaving your base. Setting up a batch on some stone or iron hammers before leaving on a mining trip is a good way to set yourself up for success. Otherwise your machines are doing nothing for you while you’re gone and that’s poor efficiency.

5.) Queue up items before logging off. Machines work even when you’re not logged in so you can start fresh the next day with items already made for you! (Credit to @Zerus for the idea)

I’ll update this post if people have found other things that work, these are just a few of the basic things I’ve done.

12 Likes

I would add to this that you should queue up as much stuff as possible before logging off for the day. Everything keeps going even when you are offline so you can even get things done while you sleep.

4 Likes

Brilliant one, I’ve added it :smiley:

1 Like