TNT Creative 3d Statue Building Contest - Results + New Competition

'Tis the season for building contests, and TNT has been wanting to do this one ever since our beloved Sheila was built: a creative statue building contest on Janus II.

There are a couple other building contests out there (e.g. Twisted Dragon (see here), Brown Town (see here) - our suggestion: do them all, triple the chances of winning!

Rules:
Build a statue. :joy::woman_shrugging:

Location: Janus II - currently you can reach Janus II from: TNT Megahub, Ultima, HSE, GTG Sov. Hub and Devilā€™s Underworld. We hope to set up additional links over the next few days and weā€™ll update as we go. Please follow the portal to the Creative Building landing zone - the location has a bunch of biomes that will hopefully inspire.

Thereā€™s also a portal between the Brown Town and TNT Creative events so you can switch between your builds on each! :wink:

Sub-rules:

• No pixel art - we want all pixel art going to our friends at Brown Town!
  • No plot limit within reason, but please keep a respectful distance from other builds. If your build is going to be ginormous, please donā€™t overshadow someone else! Thereā€™s plenty of planet to go around :slight_smile:
  • Nothing you wouldnā€™t want someoneā€™s kid to see
  • Find somewhere in view of the landing area - let us know if youā€™d like to set up a portal!
  • We love small and beautiful as well as huge and imposing :heart:
  • Contest ends: 29 June 2021.
  • Judges will primarily focus on the statue itself, but feel free to decorate the immediate area as well if it enhances the build

Prizes (so far):

First place:
3 million coin
2 SS of rough oort
180 days GC
5 SS T6 diamond hammers

Second place:
1 million coin
2 SS of rough oort
90 days GC
3 SS T6 diamond hammers

Third Place
800,000 coin
1 SS of rough oort

UPDATE: Results here: TNT Creative 3d Statue Building Contest - Results + New Competition

28 Likes

Awesome! Look forward to seeing the amazing creative talent from our Oortians!

6 Likes

Just finished polishing my forge. Iā€™d say I will be throwing tools at people while they build but itā€™s creative so I canā€™t lol. But what I can do is give forged goodies to the creators of the builds that peak my interest :wink:

7 Likes

Sounds awesome! :heart:

6 Likes

Canā€™t wait to get something started here!! :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

justā€¦AWESOME!

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be diverting some forging toward contestants as well. Perhaps a prize for everybody who builds something :crazy_face:

Have fun!

3 Likes

For those drawing to my attention, variously, to the fact that:

• This is not TNTā€™s ā€œ3rdā€ statue building contest
  • Sheila was built before creative worlds dropped

thank you very much for your careful attention to my post and constructive feedback -.- :skull: :joy: (going for both emojis to cater to both millennials and gen z)

8 Likes

I call Eeyore! JK no more Winnie the Pooh statues for me, but Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m in for something historical :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Well here is your shot to do so.

Iā€™m hoping we discover some undercover builders through this

3 Likes

So excited to see what the communities amazing builders can do!

1 Like

I read this as Underwater and not undercover. So now I hope we see a Gyarados built :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be rejoining the game to build at Janus II

if iā€™m kicked off reapers iā€™ll be really mad

edit: Iā€™m building it based off the myth of the creator

Maybe Iā€™ll build a zedaph statue on top of the neighboring mountain for extra credit

2 Likes

Coords to my entry are 391N: -534E Alt 134.Enjoy Creator Valley

3 Likes

Excited to see all the great builds that will appear here. Thatā€™s alot of prizes!

1 Like

Whatā€™s that? :flushed:

1 Like

When the reaper becomes the reapee

2 Likes

Could I perhaps plot somewhere far away to figure out the scale of thisā€¦ definitely impossible statue I canā€™t get out of my mind? The more my inner Obi Wan says ā€œdonā€™t try itā€, the more my inner Anakin wants to front flip into this build.

But I know I canā€™t just wing it, especially considering thereā€™s a feature at the top that will extend out pretty far so without knowing the scale Iā€™d be risking not plotting enough initially and running out of room.

Looks like there are portals to use, so guessing can plot out far

Ok so unless Iā€™m told not to Iā€™ll plot something far away to start mocking it up. Wouldnā€™t mind if people saw it in progress but I donā€™t even want to enter the contest if it proves impossible.

1 Like