To all my fellow goo farmers/pigment-paint shop keepers

Hello.
I know there are a couple of goo farmers and pigment/paint shopkeepers out here and I wanted to know if you guys were getting ready for if/when the update hits?
I have a couple of questions to get the discussion going!
What kind of store do you have? and how do you decide on prices?
Did you stop making paint once the upcoming update was announced?
Have you gone on the testing server to check it out? (I have and the max number of pigments you can put in the machine is between 40 and 45 iirc and that gives you 890 colour spray). Quite the change!
If you have a paint store now, do you have some frustration about the update? Or are you just happy about it?

2 Likes

Wait, wait, wait…

So your telling me I can change the color of blocks now?

2 Likes

everything except like gleam and a handful of things i think

3 Likes

So, I have the store called Maude’s Pigments, on Alder. I have over 300k pigments up for sale and am considering doing the jump to selling paints if the update ever happens for real!

I love farming goo. It feels like magic when I plant everything in gleam and come back a couple days later to find that the goo has changed colors. Always a change to be surprised by some random transformation XD

I was never a big producer of colour sprays, but I am very happy about the update on the way and I feel like it will change a lot of stuff for this business

2 Likes

This is literally gonna be such a gamechanger and time saver for new person like me!

2 Likes

I have never planted my goo, i just have thrown it in a chest and waited… good thing i did.

5 Likes

There wont be any changes to the goo being farmed though, unless i’ve read it wrong :thinking:

1 Like

Some of them, yeah. More after this update too.

4 Likes

now I can have a nice colored basement instead of natural looking stone

2 Likes

I stopped farming goo/pigments at scale once the update was announced. Been saving most of the kernels.

I no longer sell pigments or sprays but I would like to set up a medium sized goo farm to produce popular colors for my plant shop. (Black/white to start). I have plans to spray plants and foliage.

2 Likes

Same.
I absolutely planned for this over a year in advance, and haven’t just been lazy

3 Likes

my shop is painters on refgar, i sell my spray at 44 c :woman_shrugging:believe it or not its getting sold a lot.
i know a lot of shop owners want to wait for the update but lets be honest , if i sell 1000 spray for 44 now or 2000 for 22 due to a pricedrop after the update since you get more sprays , the outcome is the same so i keep selling . honestly all the people waiting for the update even works in my favor, they stopped selling but that doesnt stop the need for sprays :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I sell my pigments at 125c each (or is it 100?). They’ve been at this price for a very long time. It’s high enough that people don’t buy a lot, but some colors sell out as I refill them. imo between the cost of buying kernels from people and the time spent to go to exos to get kernels and the fact that it’s impossible to get a farm set up that guarantees to get seeds back and add to that the time spent farming and sorting all that goo, it seemed like the good price when I set up my shop.
Although since the spray return when crafting will be so much higher, I am wondering if maybe the pigments should become more expensive :thinking:

1 Like

I had a rather successful paint shop in Sydney, but I’ve stopped restocking it since the details dropped. I may restart it after the update, but after getting burned on stocking up large quantities of paint, I’ll probably stick to other avenues of earning a few coins.

1 Like

You can spray stone already.

But it’s not instantaneous like the paint

I think what @Bethlehem means is, you can buy paint and instantaneously spray it on stone already.

Rock, trunk, and many of the items made from them can already be painted in game, this is not a new feature. They’re just going to get a little easier to make, and the devs are going to allow more items to be painted.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I mean :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like my quick thinking mind failed me again xd

It’s not super popular right now.

It will still look like natural stone, just another color. And you will have spent at least 20c per block for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why people are excited for this the number of spray cans you can produce per pigment you harvest is going WAY up. If the cost to spray gets closer to what it costs to chisel change, the mechanic should start seeing a lot more use.