To all you world builders out there. Devs included

I hav an idea for a world that has been rattling around in my cluttered brain for month’s now. Unforchanetley I do not have any skill with the world builder.
I will describe it in layers.
Top layer: consists of stone mounds some small some the size of mountains with sand in between them. There is no life on this layer and anyone caught there in the day time will take heat damage. Many of the domes should have cave entrances in them giving the impression they have colapsed.
Layer two: underground lakes with tall gleam filled cealings. Small and mediam lakes fill this aria with many cave systems dropping waterfalls to the lower levels. This zone is filled with plant life anywher the light of gleam hits. This is the layer that animals should spawn in to.
Layer three: vast caves everywhere filled with plantlife, gleam, and monsters.
Bottom layer: water instead of lava with unique plants of a rare color.

14 Likes

I love the idea of glowing underground caverns. I suppose once the game is fully released we’ll start to see a bunch of underground or underwater cities - like dwarven cities or Rapture.

I’d help out with your project, but I’ve bitten off more than I can chew with my own build. Good-luck though!

7 Likes

Can I reserve one spot for myself already?

4 Likes

Yes indeed. Let us all join together by the light of the gleam deep underground.
This would be the perfect planet to introduce green gleam and maybee carnivorous plants.

6 Likes

Green gleam yes! I would totally kill some plants for that.

3 Likes

Can other people visit your planet if you make a planet with the world builder?

1 Like

I’d like some purple gleam personally, but yes; the more gleam the better!

4 Likes

Large caves are unfortunately a bit tricky due to draw distance (see LOD & Caves) - there was talk about greatly increasing it for everyone, though

2 Likes

Not now but after release yes. I just wanted to throw the idea out there. I would love to see something like this as a public world

1 Like

Can you place lakes or oceans underground? Or perhaps a large landmass above sea level to make it look like its underground?

1 Like

i want a massive sideways cave. would be really cool

Expand on this? I’m my head I’m thinking of the current caves on their side, and I’m just seeing more cave😂

stalactites and stalagmites are sideways, the sky and ground seem endless. gleam all around, stuff like taht

2 Likes

Oceans yeah - the world builder has two different levels of liquid (the bottom one is typically lava, but doesn’t have to be!) I’m guessing that the lake generator only works on the surface (when you can even get it to work :P)

2 Likes

Yea, the two layers of water is what I am having trouble with for this world. I cannot seem to get the top lakes to spawn. Might have to make floating island that look like connected land mass.

2 Likes

The lake generator is extremely finicky :frowning: I’d say stick to using the surface water layer to do something close to what you want. One trick you can do is to use “caves” to carve out areas of the surface where you don’t want water to spawn (example: Noise Ghosting - all the dips between raised rivers were carved by cave noise); but the way cave noise is generated makes it a bit unpredictable

This is my rough draft of this idea, I am still learning the world builder.

Layer one:

Layer two:

Layer three:

7 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

This is really sweet. Keep it up;)

2 Likes