Toggle-able settlement merge? Discuss solutions. Dev response inside

To be clear, I’ve not confirmed “Toggle-able settlement merge”.

But I am happy to confirm - that we’re very aware of the issues players are raising. I read all the comments and posts, and have chatted directly with players in game about what they want, what they value and how they want to grow their communities.

But at the same time the process of settlements emerging via closeness + prestige, the awarding of capital status and the claiming of warden / viceroy also gives players something to strive for and (yes) compete for.

Ultimately I think this comes down to an area’s identity and a group’s identity, and players don’t like having their identity forcibly changed.

9 Likes

I’ve changed the name of the thread and my posts to reflect this.

I just regained warden status after someone built an area and renamed my settlement and said “oh well” and then left. He hasn’t built there in two weeks. Just built up, and left. That was annoying.

In all though, it gave me something to strive for.

I haven’t had to directly deal with this yet, but the idea of getting swallowed after all the work I’ve done gives me cold sweats.

Thanks @james.

Great news!

12 Likes

Lol that’s literally exactly the kind of miss quote he was trying to avoid!

10 Likes

Lmao too perfect to not abuse xD

2 Likes

James surely missed you all these months you were not around :joy::joy::joy:

On topic: I imagine that best solution would be keeping smaller settlements as districts when they are consumed by another or something like that, but it would be tricky to implement.

4 Likes

Just have to wait and see now. James has spoken. Very happy to hear it to.

1 Like

You will be to blame when someone actually uses that and people get mad lol.

2 Likes

I sure hope so!

One day my friend, one day…

3 Likes

Edited – town moved, no names, pictures involved.

We shall wait for devs to implement solution for the future.

Thank you!

Do not name’n’shame.
Use the in game report function to settle griefing cases.

2 Likes

The original question is, Does this count as Griefing? That was my starting question on Discord, People say it is, others say it’s not… This thread was started due to Discord drama in asking if people knew the person who did this…

I apologize for name-dropping but-- it’s an entire city who is now really upset because of this person who wont be named.

1 Like

If most of the plots were roads, then unfortunately that’s how the game’s designed right now. Roads are worth a ton of footfall, and footfall encourages this kinda behavior. I’m really not sure the dev stance on this, but as long as he didn’t encircle you or block you from expandin’, I think it’s allowed.

It’s good you posted this here though, I want to see what other people think.

2 Likes

Person is not just claiming and making ‘roads’ they are just connecting things by making a single-line of rock from one “land-mass” to another and has a main “hub” of castles where they started. The rest is bridges by lines of rocks. But they are claiming entire groups of land not over water.

I would like to just see if this technically “counts” as griefing-- because several members are upset about this situation, including the former “TacoLand” Warden. We would feel better if there was an option for if Wardens could confirm a 'bridging" or a way to keep like “suburbs” of a main city type thing – something so we can not have to keep changing the name of our town daily because two active towns are now “fighting” for name rights.

1 Like

So, you’re askin’

“Is forcing two settlements to merge you aren’t part of griefing?”

1 Like

Exactly @CreativeWorlds!

noniethepup and Tacoland citizens,

This is the “jerk-face” who is building next to your once impressive city. You have made a lot of assumptions on my intent. All it took is to communicate with me in game to resolve the issue, and addressed the concern once someone was courteous enough to talk to me. My plots are pulled back and will respect a DMZ zone around your territory. Please return the favor.

Best Regards

3 Likes

Just a tip, if you try to follow the rules with no name calling then i would suggest to remove the name from the image too in the future (hope that doesn’t happen again or gets fixed soon). With a black box or cutting it out.

2 Likes