Toxins chain killing after leaving Sanctum

I’m assuming this is not intended. Poison/toxin debuffs are not cleared in or upon leaving the Sanctum and returning to the world. This leads to chain deaths. I can’t tell you how many tools I’ve lost due to this issue.

Well that’s a bit of an exploit if you run to the sanctum to remove a negative status effect.

Maybe you should not be allowed to return to the sanctum if you have negative status effect which is applying damage to you, to prevent the loop.

Also, when you die the effect should be removed. If it is not then that’s a bug! :bug:

4 Likes

Hmm, good point. Yeah, just prevent logging to Sanctum if you have any debuff on you, should fix it.

1 Like

Unfortunately thou the same thing happens if you die while under the toxic status, you respawn in sanctum and apon returning to the world…usually you die for the toxin again…or atleast that has been my experience on more than one occasion :frowning_face:

Did the status effect remove itself when you died or did it stay?

This should be fixed on testing if it is happening for you on live.

Die. Still debuffed. Leave Sanctum. Die. Still debuffed. Leave Sanctum. Die. Debuff gone. Tools dead.

I’ve experienced this before, it can easily be very frustrating to have tools on you and have them all die to repeated toxins.

I’ve avoided fighting toxic creatures for a while, as to survive you need to keep drinking healing brews or cooked meat to prevent being beaten to death by DOT, and if you do die to the toxin, you have to have enough vitality to be able to survive the toxin long enough to drink/eat to heal it off.