Trackable shop stands and request baskets

I think it would be really useful if Shop Stands and Request Baskets were trackable in Places, like we already can do with Worlds, Settlements and Beacons. The details card could show live info about the stand/basket price and remaining stock, as well as the location, with the option to Set Destination like with any other Place, and maybe even the option to warp directly to the shop stand from warp conduits.

I think this could really help the economy. Sometimes I am willing to spend coins for convenience, but I don’t remember where I last went to buy that item. Or maybe I do remember, but when I get there the stock is empty. I end up spending nearly as much time trying to find a shop selling the items I need, as I would have spent just going out and farming them.

Though I think the shop stand owner should have to opt in to allowing their stand to be trackable in the shop stand interface. Because competitors could use the Places tab to more easily keep tabs on your prices, so some merchants might not like that.

2 Likes

I think the stands and baskets should have a way to tell info about status with out having to run up to it

2 Likes

Yup, that’s basically what I’m suggesting. Make them trackable through Places with info about what they are selling. Then you can see info about them without having to run up to them.