Trading Post Website - *New* with API

Our community is so small i dont think price scanners will be a problem anytime soon.

Also, as others already pointed out. Searching for good deals, creating relationships with shop owners or customers are all discouraged with a auctionhaus or price list website. I see so many players just sprinting true my store and never talk to me.

I always poke the shop owner if i see him and ask him for bulk prices or if he would trade the item minus the tax. I usual get better deals that way and also form relationships.

Yes, it can be a pain to go to all the shops in search for a rare item but i rather bite the bullet then submitting to a faceless website where the lowest price wins.

Final note. There is already so much grind in the game that i really dont need an extra grind/work just to keep my quantities / prices up to date.

This looks great! I am looking to add my shop but as a new user the forum isnt letting me PM you. Any ideas?

You can email me at help@boundlessskill.com

Or post here as well.

Thanks email sent

I wouldn’t be discouraged if shops were all listed on a single website for people to look at. There are always opportunities if one knows where to look. A player’s reputation as a shop owner is just as valuable as the prices they list things for.

I think it’s a little more complicated of a topic than simply thinking that a centralized place to find item prices are going to discourage player interaction. There’s already people who just fly into a shop, look around, make a purchase and leave or just price check then leave without even saying a word to a shop owner. But that’s just my thought on it.

1 Like

Prices are ■■■■ on that website. Also how is Cr@p a censored word?

Either way, the prices are manually added by the OP. It used no database to pull pricing from. IT is litterly just a price value the OP made up.

<a style="color:#BABBE6;" href="shops-item?i=Diamond Heavy Slingbow">Diamond Heavy Slingbow</a></span></div></th>
 <th nowrap><span class="style3">10000</span></th> 
 <th nowrap><span class="style3">10</span></th> 
 <th nowrap><span class="style3">0</span></th> 
 <th nowrap><span class="style3">0</span></th> 

Pricing is set by the shop owner selling that item. And their shop currently has that item at that price.
Pricing is input into a google sheet by the shop owner, that sheet is then read by the site and stored in a database which is queried every time the webpage is loaded.
The pricing is directly related to a shop stand or request basket in game, and not made up.

3 Likes

Sorry but would have to disagree here, your claim seems to be “cr@p” (i.e. blatantly factually incorrect). I’m listed, i report my own prices and volumes, and would only damage my own reputation if i posted “cr@p” too.

3 Likes

I find it a waste of my time to wander around trying to find one that isn’t offering insultingly low prices. That’s not a game I want to play. At this point I’ve basically opted out of the coin economy because I realized I don’t really need coin for anything.

This page may get me to participate.

3 Likes

I would like to join, but it says I can’t send you a personal message as yet (probably because I’m new to the forums here)

You can email me at help@boundlessskill.com

Or you can reply to the message you where sent.

New to the game but running a shop and would love to be listed, thanks!

Sent ya an email with all the info

I’m not sure about this, but as a gatherer/hunter I will always sell to the highest buyer. So it might put smaller businesses at a disadvantage. Right now it is kinda of fun for me because I go shop to shop, and I know exactly the shops with the best prices for feathers, cores, horns, and other animal products.

I’m worried this might poorly affect a hunter/gather’s trade because shop owners might drop prices. :frowning: part of the fun for me was weighing my rewards when running between shops and looking for the best deals.

If I hunt for 3 or 4 hrs and only get 3-5 feathers, still would like to be rewarded for my efforts. Technically saving others time from grinding that part of the game, ya know?

I would love to be a part of this!

So wouldn’t this help you since you can see who is offering the most for your feathers and then go straight there rather than running around blind looking for better deals. That time would be better spent out hunting, no?

If you feel the prices are too low then set up a trade stand of your own :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel exactly what you’re saying, which is why I’m against a central database that pulls info from the game about every shop stand everywhere.

This site however is opt in, and the prices are set by owners themselves. So if someone isnt priced as advertised, claim a discount lol. Or use prices there as a guide to know if you’re getting a good deal. Also, not every shop is listed which is great- you still find some people paying 100c for reactive lamella or selling silver tools at 400c so bargains still rest very firmly with those willing to shop around

It wouldn’t help, based on how uniform economies work. Everyone sees what everyone else is buying for and high end baskets will drop to match the median rate, so bad for hunters and gatherers.

Not knocking anyone, or diminishing anyone’s efforts. Just stating my predicitions.

I’m okay with a more chaotic marketplace, it can allow for more extreme opportunities that a centralized market wont. Some people have baskets buying feathers for 500c, which is super low, some are buying for 4k to 4.5k, which is fantastic for a hunter that is banking on trophies as a main source of income.

Allows for a higher profit for those on the front lines gathering, where a lot of people don’t want to be.

Competition favors the customer if anything. (*)
If shops directly compete with each other selling prices will go down and buying prices will go up.

In your example more shops would start buying at 4k if the 4k is more visible, because no one would be selling for 500c anymore.

(*) In terms of pricing. In reality qualitiy often goes down with pricing which is of course is not in customer’s favor but fortunately we don’t have that problem in Boundless.

Yeah, i can see the positives too – totally understand where you are envisioning. I hope it’s a benefit, like you say – and you may be right, I’m just hoping the items I bank on dont take a down turn is all.