Trading Post Website - *New* with API

@Logandi

Would you be willing to share daily or weekly traffic data to your site?

Indeed. It’s a rush finding a great deal that no one else knows about :slight_smile:

sackcloth

I run a kitchen selling brews and food. I have considered adding my items to the site as I know very few people can compete with my prices at the aggregate. There may be a couple items where I’m not the cheapest but generally speaking, my items are extremely competitively priced across the board.

But I’ve abstained because of what you stated. I just don’t want to get into a price war. And heck, I’m busy enough as it is. Now, if the game added more dynamic functionality to pricing such as bundled packages or 2 for 1, then I wouldn’t have an issue because you can compete on more than just price.

FYI to shop owners- please give some support to this suggestion I made for more dynamic pricing options;

3 Likes

+1, Been there, bumped that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Logandi. I am interested in adding my shop to this list if you are still keeping this up. Please message me and I will forward you the necessary information.

1 Like

The site as a whole (Calculator and Shops) sees about 250 unique users a day. The Shops portion sees about 100 unique users a day.

any chance for an api endpoint to post/put those data?
im not in the mood of editing this stuff manually, i rahter code myself a solution for this.

i have the following tool in mind:
you set up a shop, then you press printscreen key while loking at the shop stand
tool catches the image from clipboard on change, checks for the info of sold item, putting it in a list.
once you finish screenshotting/collecting all data you click submit (and maybe enter credencials or a token from the site) to then push the stuff to the site, done.

if someone is interested i would put this then to github.

So the OCR solution that someone in discord is working on then?

I’m curious about a central site, I already mantain a google doc for my store (prices and a map) so that isn’t why i hesitate. I hesitate because I only like using third party sites when I can’t play the game, (I’m sure i cant be alone there). So I feel advertisement in discord (yes 3rd party but probably won’t use it as much when guilds become a thing) or in game is more valuable to me than being on a list. I do thank you for the site and effort though.

o if someone allready have don it, than it save me work.
would take me a day or so to make such tool that i can than rather invest in making da bricks

I have the solution.
In fact, we have a problem because most of the players are very young and need a lot of help.

In the items below, I will present my solution

• For the first months

Shops only in a one planet
In this planet, limit area for the shops to 500x500.
The prices will be automatic.
The Devs decide the prices.

• After a few months

Close most of the shops
Let open only the big whales.
They can earn a lot of coins because they don’t need to do anything and don’t earn coins with the shops.
They have large cities and a crazy amount of the beacons.
These superior gamers have the right to decide who can open a shop or not.

The new players will love these ideas because they don’t need any more open a shop.
Let the adults decide what they can do in the game. If they want to do something different, this is not a game for them. Choose another game. I don’t know… maybe a sandbox game.

• But, if the Stand Shop is empty?

Ok, we still have this problem.
Even with baskets to buy everything to resell and craft a lot of things without grind nothing sometimes, the other players don’t want to grind only to seel to the baskets.

Sometimes only the small owner shops have the will to grind because they love their shops.
pffff…crazy and bad people :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In this period, these small sellers (bad people) can increase again the prices because anyone else sells that item.

• I have the solution too for that.

The Shop Stand will automatic refilled by the game.

I hope all the players take my suggestions into account

Kisses

Yes, I have already been working on setting up an api for the data. Ill post here when it is ready for public use.

2 Likes

a test of API is currently in use for this project:

1 Like

The Boundlessskill.com API is now live. Documentation can be found here.

There is no authentication required for requesting information. If you would like to use the API to update the items you buy and sell in your shop see the OP with instructions on getting your shop added to the site.

If you find any bugs or need any help setting up your application to use this API please contact me or post here.

And check out @Lynxdragon project for a use case of how this API can be utilized.
https://forum.playboundless.com/t/item-price-estimator-live-market-estimations-provided-by-boundlessskill-com/22073

2 Likes

This is rad and I hope more shop owners decide to list themselves here! Very useful

1 Like

Hello ! I have created an account for my shop. Is it possible to have Google Sheet access or the API replace it ?

Furthermore I see only 2 shops, is this project still alive ?

Just added my shop - seems good

I wonder if new items get added to the database?

Doesn’t seem to be a site that’s used that much anymore.

Some updates would be nice. This game is going to need these sort of resources for serious shop owners.

I just put my small shop on it. We need a way to get our shop stock and prices out automatically, really. Interesting to use though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I agree. Other than just making a dedicated forum post about your shop, stuff like this website will only help out a lot more as people want to figure out a place to sell their stuff or where to buy something.

Yep, and for new players like me it’s a way to have some kind of visibility :slight_smile:

3 Likes