Transparent glass panes

The original glass blocks are transparent, albeit with frame lines which we don’t want. By combining these with gleam in order to create a pane, the glass takes on the color of the gleam. Despite the suggestions I’ve found in the forums of using darker gleam to make more transparent glass. this doesn’t work. Yes, it may appear mostly transparent with a tint, but that only works in low light. Under bright light, it becomes a translucent piece, highly reflective of the gleam that was added. The same effect occurs if I walk over it with a character with the light epic.
Could we please get a truly transparent pane as well?

2 Likes

Here’s how I would do this, as it doesn’t require changing the recipes:
Depleted Gleam.
It looks the the Gleam icon I used to see before I actually found some. A colorless gleam block.

You could introduce it in any of 3 ways:

1. Add it to Tier 1 or 2 worlds that don’t have gleam. I would make a “seam” block like the gemstones that spawns in the same way. It would give new players something exciting to discover as they are learning and gathering things like copper.
  2. A periodic depleted gleam Tier 1 Exo. That’s all it is. Depleted gleam. Again, an introduction to exo worlds for the new, as a Tier 1 would be accessible. A bit more excitement.
  3. A new meteor type. If you literally changed nothing other than the material the meteor is made from, and not all meteors, just the occasional (5% chance?) this would boost the hunts, and another incentive to keep exploring. (I’d be thrilled to find a dormant depleted gleam meteor.)

I don’t know which of these would be the easiest for you to implement, but I believe this would be the easiest way overall to add our clear panes.

As an aside, those are presented in the order I thought of them. I kind of like option 3 the best. Even losing the meteors as I did solo’ing them so many levels ago, I’d rather have the gleam than all the warp blocks I have laying around. :wink:

1 Like