Trapping

So I was just thinking, will trapping creatures be possible? Example, say I want to create a defense “grid” around my home so to do so I trap the spitters in a cage of some sort and they just attack anyone that is in range (including me of course), or something like making a trap pit where you find yourself in a small place with a hole in front of you that exposes a spitter that will shoot you because it too is trapped. I don’t know how the creature spawn/despawns work so not sure if this is something that is being considered, or if the limit of it would be taming the creatures and just setting them up as guards. I kinda like the whole trapping a jaguar in a hole kinda thing though.

5 Likes

I think that would be possible but im not sure correct me if im wrong

Back in the Java version creatures despawned if no player was nearby for a while, dunno about the new c++ version though.
But taming has been mentioned by a developer already:

So dependent on the way they implement taming your ideas might still be possible.
Btw. The idea of ‘biological defense turrets’ sounds pretty hilarious. I definitely like it.:smile:

6 Likes

Reach into the wayback machine aaaand. . . BUMP. I was just thinking how nice it would be for settlement owners to place crafted “bug zappers.” These would destroy creatures that went through a plot and then store the dropped mats in an attached storage. Of course it could only function as a part of a settlement to prevent exploits. This way, visitors to a development do not have to stress about agro.

1 Like