Trash Can! ! ! We need that desperately in the Inventory !!

Most games I play have a trash can where when you don’t want something you can just put it into the trash can.
We NEED that (emphasis, not shouting) in the game. I’m sick and tired of being loaded down with items I don’t want or need, the stupid leaves from the trees when getting berries, the rocks from mining that take up space and I have to stop and drop them and then get out of the way before they get back into my inventory.
I have lost count of how many time I have lost items I wanted because of the loss of room from the trash that I am carrying. Toss the rocks, the foliage, soil, anything that is extremely easy to get and you run across a meteorite and your inventory is full, you toss the unwanted stuff but it keeps getting back in before I can put in that desired item from the meteorite. But, no, I have to walk away, drop the items and then go back and lo and behold, the item has disappeared.
Or even worse, I thought I picked it up, I’m treading water and have cuttletrunks and hoppers after me and can’t take the time to check as I am close to dying. So, get home and find I still have that stupid, useless bunch of foliage from where I was getting the green berries.
I Do Not want to have the well, just toss it; that Is the problem. I don’t want rocks floating around my feet waiting to sneak back into the inventory and take up that desperately needed slot.
I should be able to click the item in the inventory and put it in the trash can icon In the Inventory. Running out of room? click on the smart stack of rock, pull to the trash can icon and drop in. Gone, no losing of very nice loot from that road runner or meteorite.

9 Likes

I’d love to see a physical trash can we can ditch items in them close menus ut deletes them, and allow them for public use I’d put them around my base lol

2 Likes

I have a cliff next to my base. I’ve been tossing stuff over the side. lol

6 Likes

I’ve got a nice bridge out back that I use. a trash feature in the inventory UI would be preferred though. When I’m out and about I feel bad throwing stuff on the ground because it’ll probably end up in someone else’s inventory. I never really throw away anything valuable, so this is just annoying to others I think.

also if I’m building something I may clear some misc other terrain blocks in the way. This clutters my inventory and the only way to get rid of it is to store it, or walk a distance away and throw it on the ground, otherwise I’ll just end up picking it up again while I’m building.

5 Likes

Can be annoying when I’m out and about and have to stop to drop 1 bone, 2 leaves, 2 tallow, 1 meat, 1 eye, 1 bood, 5 leaves, a piece of wood, who knows maybe even a piece of flint… and sometimes the stuff chases you after you drop it.

3 Likes

I do the same, but I toss them into the river that my base is built on. But yesterday my son and I were on a level l4 planet. We had a mob attack us and another player came up and helped us, a level 2 meteorite had landed close by so we had stopped getting berries from the trees. I had foliage in my inventory and some wood and we had killed a few cuttletrunks while chopping leaves. We have the goodies from the meteorite, the critters and just as we headed back a level three landed close by. We debated it, but was going no when we saw two other players going that way. We joined them and at the end there were so many critters and loot that I had no room, tossing the foliage, wood and other items wasn’t as easy as it sounds as it seemed that one would get back in and take up a slot that I needed. Had to walk away and toss them; because of the delay I lost a couple of items.

Because of no trash can and out in the water swimming and we got a road runner I couldn’t get the stupid tallow to stay out of my inventory and lost the loot from it. We need a trash can in the inventory selection.

1 Like

A work-around, in the meantime, could be to split the item you want into all of your available spaces so it can then be the only thing you pick up. Otherwise I just find some kind of ledge and throw unwanted items overboard with the X key.

Frustrating, was with some others chasing after snow meteorites and I was trying to toss the blocks of ice to get the loot. Finally had to leave the meteorite to get rid of them, I kept picking up the ice and meteorite blocks. Came back and the loot that had been floating were gone, it had taken me too long as I was surrounded by so much of the ice blocks.

Same in mining, so many blocks of rock floating around me that I can’t even see around me, have to go and dig a deep hole and climb out, drop the rocks and go back to mining. Pick up the ones that were floating around, go and drop them and then can go back to mining.

1 Like

Every time I go mining, I dump all the stacks of rocks and runaway as fast as poss, only to start mining a great seam, go round in a circle and collect it all again…arghh
Trashcan…yes please :slight_smile:

1 Like

If only we could craft drones that would come and remove stuff we have marked for disposal. Sure, a magic garbage pail we carry with us that can dematerialize stuff is fine, but needing to craft something to get a benefit is even finer.

Also, automation.

Out on a hunt you pick up other people’s discard. Think you have bag space? Better check!

Something disgusting about other people’s tallow …

Frustration today on the topic of trash and getting rid of it. Was on level 5 planet and getting plants for my shop and items to use in the centraforge. We get, as we gathered several road runners, cuttletrunks, hoppers and spitters that we killed, meat, tallow, hide, eyes, mantals, cores and scales. Also busting up boulder chips for items, collecting staffs and another item for my shop. Trying to toss the tallow, the sand, mud and clay that I accidently get, toss the bones and mantle to my son and ended up needing to toss the blood and I kept getting something back and lost eyes and core from hoppers that I really wanted and not the crappy sand, soil and clay.
Toss out another time and my son accidently picked it up and lost out on some items we found in a dormant meteorites.

@james Please, begging you, create a trash can, a delete button, a way to get rid of unwanted items so we or others around us won’t pick them up and lose out on what we need.

1 Like

Yes, please give us a way to destroy items, and not just drop on the ground where we will pick them up again in a few seconds. Keep dropping still an option but please add a destroy option as well.

I had assumed the origin of the Gleambow Event was Oortians on other planets…tired of collecting all their random gleam/wood/leaves, looked to the sky and threw them into space. Without a trashcan…what else could they have done?

5 Likes

There already are trash cans. They’re called ‘gleambow’ meteors. Every time I get to them my empty inventory absorbs all the trash left there, which I have to discard (a.k.a. leave for someone else) before I can start mining.

How about another four lines of inventory space? I never toss anything unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. Everything is used for something and we are provided with the ability of making endless storage for ourselves…

I’d rather have my inventory doubled than a “trash can.”

2 Likes

I can understand, but I don’t like to keep things that are real easy to get and right now useless. Foliage, since I do cooking getting berries from trees gives me a whole, whole lot of that, I don’t need them and they can take up a lot of space. Wood, easy to get, I don’t do a lot of building so I don’t need it and rock, that is the part about mining that I hate. All the rock, sand and gravel. Some is okay, but when it is colors that it seems no one wants, and they keep adding up and adding up, and you need space to put the items and there you are, a full inventory and where am I going to toss these rocks that seem to find a way to sneak back in? have to dig a hole for them and hope I can get away before they get back in. Flint, I have nine smart stack of them, going to toss at least two of them. Tallow, I had six smart stacks of them, tossed two. Yams, 10 smart stacks of them. Cooking up three of the smart stacks and going to set them out on a free stand. in cooking and having a shop at Sky Express where I sell plants and boulders and more for decoration, they can take up room.
Another row of inventory would be nice, but if I had to pick, it would be a trash can or delete button.

Rock is the most overpowered and useful item to me in the game, hands down. Color doesn’t matter. All I ever toss when powermining is sand and gravel, which doesn’t add up anywhere near as quickly. I will gladly take any and all rock off your hands now and forever in the future. I won’t try to argue the usefulness of any other items in particular because if they aren’t useful to you now, they never will be.

Also, I said four rows. Not one. Double inventory. Only one would be nice, but not as good as four. I’d be willing to bet that would be easier to implement than some wonky new feature for discarding “unwanted” goods, but I digress. I’m no developer.

PS I have 50+ Smart stacks of flint. Never know, yo… :wink:

Edit: don’t get me wrong, not trying to take away from your idea. Any and all features that help us go forward are welcome and needed. I just wish I had more inventory space since nearly every single material in game has a use to me.

1 Like

I’ll have to go through and pick out the ones I do want. Right now I have them in storage bins by type but not by color or which ones I use/like/may use someday.

Way my back is feeling, it could be a few days, but will let you know when I am finished. Last night was horrible.

So do I hahaha. there Is even a door that over hangs fir this purpose.