Treacle-like water

Water is…interesting here :stuck_out_tongue:

When swimming, it feels like treacle. I found trying to swim down I kinda went at a very slight angle downwards. It’s easy to drown, but mainly because it’s so sluggish.

Then coming up, you seem to bob about, but really slowly. I feel like the current water physics would do well as a quick sand mechanic :smiley:

Perhaps this needs a look at, or something in the pipeline already?

2 Likes

perhaps swimming could be a skill in the exploration tree.
It would let you swim better and longer. :dolphin:

7 Likes

I’m going to add the request for the Explorer, the ability to walk on ice unhindered…Septerfon is a nightmare :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Best way I’ve found to swim down is just to let yourself sink. I haven’t tried grapples underwater since they made them not gravity-affected – they used to just meander slowly in the treacle, but you might try grappling yourself down to see if it’s changed.

As for coming up, hold the jump key down and you can usually manage to surface pretty fast. The hardest part for me is always trying to climb back onto land, still don’t have a good solution there. Drownies unite!

1 Like

Okay, but then imma add a request for craftable ice skates cause I kind of love the slipperiness. And then the ability to do fancy figure skating moves please! :smile:

2 Likes

you should be able to descend by holding “c” unless you changed it

4 Likes

Ooh really? I probably changed it; do you know the binding name? Is that Creep?

2 Likes

yeah it’s creep

3 Likes

Have you tried “running” while trying to jump out of the water it seems to work a bit better for me.

3 Likes

“Treacle?”

2 Likes

A very viscous syrup made from sugar and molasses

2 Likes

Ah! In the states we call that…uh…hang on…oh. We don’t have a word for that. Maybe it’s like the filling for pecan pie?

2 Likes

I don’t know :joy:

1 Like

I think it’s like…halfway between molasses and fake-maple pancake syrup? Not as clumpy-gooey as pecan pie filling.

I saw a treacle tart in a photo on Wikipedia–it looked similar. (But it could do that and be completely different texture experience for sure.)

I wonder how it dropped out of the food vocabulary here in the ol’ Colonies.

I had an idea (from British books) of what a treacle tart was, and knew that treacle was thick and viscous. According to google…

Ha! Yeah, I guess we could just have looked it up…thanks for doing it for us :wink:

I did look it up but that wasn’t what it said.

Turns out pecan pie filling can be made with it, too. It’s just not done as often as the corn syrup version.

Great–I’m hungry now.

We’re in the extreme outer bands of Hurricane Irma right now. She’s still over 400 miles (643 km) away, but pulling moisture from as far away as Nova Scotia. :open_mouth::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like