Tree contest! First prize 150k, second prize 100k, third prize 50k

I’ll have to find that place that people were talking about that had the instructions how to do it.

Mine looks best at night too because I chiseled white gleam to let the colors through.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that rainbow gleam building is in fireborn on alder. I used coloured gleam and cold tan foliage. But I’m sure both will achieve a similar effect.

Here is mine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It is decent :slight_smile: Very nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far I’m leaning towards Georgio for first - any last minute submissions?

Who should take 2nd and 3rd places?

2 Likes

How’s your tree progress?

1 Like

Georgio for first absolutely. But which of his submissions? Is he able to take all of the slots?! :rofl:

1 Like

Still very much a work in progress…want to pop a treehouse in the middle plus change a couple of things but have got distracted by another project :grin:

still loving @GreyArt247’s creations…very natural and organic and fits in the landscape very well, plus some lovely touches that make them very interesting places to have a wander through.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @catfud that’s extremely nice of you to say and I’m glad you’ve noticed the little bits of detail I’ve tried to put in, still work in progress though as I’ve got lots of ideas I want to add eventually.

Gosh there are so many good entries!
Anyone want to volunteer to be a judge?

So was this tree building comp or fancypancy comp?.

Open to all tree types :blush:
Though if you’re worried about the competition, don’t worry, nothing is decided yet! Feel free to go gangbusters on trees and tree upgrades, I’ll be picking winners some time next week!

Perhaps each contestant should put forward one entry only and then that entry be judged in game.
Often the pictures don’t do the overall detail justice like the roots and chiselling etc.

IGN Brucebanner

3 Likes

Love that ghost tree @Aanika

1 Like

Hey folks, here are some trees I’ve ‘planted’ while slowly building up Unionville.

5 Likes

Looking amazing guys! There’s still time to put in submissions, I’ll be selecting winners next weekend.

I mentioned before a user-made forest idea, where I’d pay people to build trees in a desert region and convert as much of the region as possible into lush forests, like we’re “planting” in the region and reforesting a desert. Probably somewhere on Eresho, or on another planet within 1x2 distance, just so I can keep a permanent portal up at my Tree mall easily :blush:

I’ve been thinking about numbers and thought I’d offer 1000 c per plot filled with trees (and sand replaced with grass or whatever other cool material you like). You can build in teams if you like, or coordinate with neighbors So, as examples, you’d get 4K to build four small 1x1 trees or 4K to build one medium sized 2x2x1 tree; you’d get 6k to build three skinny 1x1x2 trees; you’d get 10k to build ten small 1x1 trees etc. You’d get 100k for a 10x10x1 plot of trees. Possibly a little bit more for highly intricate or detailed builds. I wanted to pick a dollar figure where people would feel rewarded but it would still be a volunteer effort run by people excited about the idea; also I wanted to be able to afford it if people came and filled thousands of plots with trees (which would be awesome)!

If you’re not a tree person, maybe you’d like to build some hedges or hedge sculptures or a small lake? Maybe a flower garden with fountains? A scenic forest path? A sculpture garden? Contact me here with your creative ideas and let’s talk! I’m open to ideas and I’m willing to pay for cool thematic builds even if they aren’t trees. Just something in the nature category.

If you’d like to build a base in the area that’s fine as long as it’s underground below trees or relatively hidden in treehouses :blush: If you’re new to the game, look at this as a neat chance to build a secret underground lair in a cool new area and get paid to do it!

Hopefully it will be a cool area that will generate some footfall for people too; since there won’t be wails, early comers will end up getting more footfall!

I’d like to start organizing, so that we can hit the ground running next month. Obviously this isn’t a set in stone commitment, but I’d like to get a vague head count for people interested and around how many plots you might want to “plant” (and a list of people to PM when I pick a spot and set up a portal later this month). The number of plots you plant can change between now and later, but it’d help to get vague numbers, even if it’s a range like “between 50 and 100 plots”. I don’t have a billion plots myself, so you’d have to beacon your plots and hide a beacon in the ground or in a tree in your section, forewarned.

@Trickyy90 and @GreyArt247 mentioned interest above; I’ll periodically update a list (and make a new thread for it) as I get replies. Any amount of tree planting will be welcome, from making 1 tree by yourself to organizing with a few friends to plant a thousand :slight_smile: Hopefully some of the many talented tree artists above will be interested and we can get an amazing forest built up over the summer!

Forest artists signed up so far:

3 Likes

I’d be interested … although with this farming update about to be released soon that could distract me somewhat but on the flip side it will also bring a lot more content to a forest build :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah count me in still :evergreen_tree: I’ll probably go for a 5x5ish plot I think and make it quite tall

Edit: Also, im happy to do it for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

We could do a shade-grown forested farm, though I don’t know if shade from trees would affect crop growth - anyone from testing know?

Off on a slight tangent…would be pretty cool to grow trees, from a seed or sapling…hmm…

2 Likes