Tree limb/leaves regeneration stopping over claimed plots

Good point, but seeing as plot boundary rules already exist, surely it would be possible to apply that logic to root block tree growth too, ie, if the root plot tree grows it can’t produce foliage or blocks outside the unplotted area to a plotted one, stopping the potential continued growth to a plotted area or skipping the plotted area and on to an unplotted one.?

root block generates tree growth - if in un plotted area then continue regen - if area = plotted then stop. end growth.

Seems to be fairly simple to me.

I had read somewhere that made it sound like trees had some special regen process. I am happy to see they do not. As far as I am concerned a person should plot any space in the world that they want changed from the natural look that you all released the planet as.

So if a person does not want the tops of trees floating in the sky then plot and remove them. If the person doesn’t want to spend plots on that then find a place that doesn’t have trees.

1 Like

But it’s rather hard to implement, because if there’s a root block, then a tree block has to have not only a root block dependency, but also all the tree blocks that connect it to root. From simple independent list of blocks… Actually, scratch that, world probably don’t know that given tree blocks, are actually connected. So from independent blocks you need to do a complex structure with complicated rules. Not simple at all. Ben there, Dan that. Well, not trees, and not game, but many times what seems simple on the surface needs complicated implementation.

True, without knowing the full quirks of the engine and how this game is coded all we can do is speculate anyway, which is why I suspect the tree issues are here to stay.

And this isn’t just a tree issue (most common occurrence though). The same thing could be said for stone formations or even regular ground. Another simple case: I dig a large pit in the ground and want to preserve it, currently I have to plot the whole volume I want to change but as with trees I really just want to not regen “above” my build so I could use the same arguments as about trees above to claim that there should be rules allowing me to just plot the surfaces of my pit and thus avoid regeneration…

I guess my point is that the current system is pretty fair, if you want to change the world plot the volume. Might be worth revisiting if we ever get to grow trees.