Trust

Just out a curiosity how many people/settlements/towns/cities trust each other to build together with blocking each other from resources or resources gathered.how many truly trust your neighbors?

4 Likes

What ive noticed past time ive played the game…

Never trust anyone

Community Workshops etc. ive seen it all… it doesnt work (with small group that are alrdy friends yes it works)

People are greedy.

EDIT: But always trust BUUGI!

10 Likes

I trust very few people. But those I do… I do.:joy:

4 Likes

I trust Gina and morey. But not Buugi. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

is that message camouflauged?

2 Likes

I have a couple of people I trust and they have perms on my beacons, I think it’s about building that trust, as trust is earned

5 Likes

I don’t trust anyone with anything that I expect to get back, with anything that I am not willing to lose. Or with any critical task that would result in a failure situation should it not get done.

As a former Co-leader of a 1400 player alliance and the security officer of many guilds, I have seen quite an amount that can go up in smoke when trust is given to the wrong person, or too much access is given to the wrong person.

I even witnessed two friends who were friends for about 15 years break as one of the friends back stabbed the other, because everybody, and I do mean everybody, haves their price of when the greed will take over, and when the price is high enough, even a 15 year relationship had gone up in smoke as a result.

I could write a book about this type of topic as I have witnessed and seen a lot.

The bottom line is.

Do not trust anyone with anything that you do not mind losing at any time.

Do not trust anyone with anything that will create a large problem for you should they fail to do it.

Do not trust your friends with anything that will likely cause a loss of the friendship should something go wrong.

3 Likes

I see where you’re going with this. That said I think you can still trust people. I mean, a bunch of people had full perms on various of my builds at different times. They could easily have demolished my build for mats and robbed my baskets and stands. But I don’t think they would. And I’d be super sad for a while if I got betrayed, but I’d get over it. I prefer trusting people even knowing that periodically I’ll get hurt.

1 Like

I trust a very small amount of people on this game & only one person has permission at any given time. Because multiple people had permission before and things went missing and I couldn’t just point the finger at people if it wasn’t them. So now I’m very cautious about who has permission

2 Likes

Some people don’t get over it, some people don’t recover, and it can cause some people to flat out quit the game forever.

How much abuse and risk you are willing to expose yourself to, is up to you as it is subjective. The real problem happens when someone trust someone with out considering the risks at all.

1 Like

Well personally I think the game needs more permissions. Access to request baskets SHOLD NOT be the same permission as changing signs or fueling portals. Would adding one or two more permissions make the game complicated? People are pretty smart. And the game is already super complex. I don’t think this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Also on that note it is pretty dumb that someone needs the interact AND the builder permissions to reopen a portal if it closes.

Sorry for semi OT but I think it’s pretty relevant.

6 Likes

I’m all solo (ie. unsociable old git) so don’t have to worry about such things but there are a few people I think I would trust completely, just from what I’ve seen of their behaviour and activity on these forums.
could I be trusted though…
:innocent: of course…

4 Likes

I throw all my main in-game friends on each one of my builds, incase they ever need something and I’m offline.

Never had any issues with theft or destruction in the over two thousand hours I’ve played - only much welcome mischief.

7 Likes

I trust peeps I’ve been playing with for some time now, didn’t know them before Boundless. Pretty nice bunch :smiley: Also there’s bunch of people from forums I’d trust based on their community involvement though we never played together.

In the end it’s just game and hours you threw in to grind for something, what’s the worse that can happen? :man_shrugging: Of course I wouldn’t like if someone stole stuff and destroyed something I built (which Pseudo is kinda doing here and there on a tolerable level), but whatever :smiley: I say that just because I trust my people 100% hahaha

8 Likes

I’d much rather discover a friend can’t be trusted in a game than in real life.

that said, I probably wouldn’t know because I give so many people permissions on my beacons. :joy: I can’t help myself, so I’ve got a friend’s base where I store my precious gleamsssssssss because he has more restraint with permissions than I do.

4 Likes

I trust the majority of the people within my guild (people who have become my friends through playing Boundless). Many of us have played together since early access, and have subsequently played other games together as well. Since the official launch of Boundless we have collectively pooled our resources and we all try to help each other out or to replenish stocks of things we use or that are low/needed.

I think we’re pretty lucky to have found so many like-minded people that aren’t just out for themselves.

5 Likes

I trust all my alts! …ok ones a lil shadey

9 Likes

Not counting the Fallout Vault project, which I’m giving full permissions on to anybody who asks, I’ve given full permissions on my main base to a handful of people here. I really don’t believe it will ever be a problem, but as I joked to one I gave them to, if I come back one day and find a big pool of lava where my home used to be, well, I’ll probably laugh then get plugging again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As much as I love the game itself, as I’ve said before, it is the people here who have made it really special to me… there are a few people here I consider real friends now. If something happened, it wouldn’t be the loss of my game stuff that would bother me at all, it would be the betrayal of the friendship - but like I said, I just never see that happening. :slight_smile: When I like people, I want to do everything I can for them, to share what I have… it would be hard to be betrayed there really, as they know they can take what they like… would have to literally demolish the base… :rofl:

7 Likes

Just tolerable? I need to up my game. I think I’ve played more practical jokes on you than anyone else. @Scratchnwiff would be a close second - and @AmandaPan took me off hers the other day because I was trying to kill her while she was sorting storage…

Exactly this. I cherish my in game friends. Heck, I’d still forgive them even if they did rob me blind - I probably deserve it. I’ve made some lasting friendships in Boundless, and in-game stuff isn’t going to change that.

6 Likes

I trust my guild fully. As @Stretchious said we pool our resources and play many games together. I also trust my other friends like @AmandaPan and @Aragorn with my builds.

5 Likes