Two smart stack names that bother my OCD I guess: cloth, and compact coal

I couchsurfed with a Hindu software engineer (he wrote code for LG phones) in Seoul. A lot of Hindus in his building had swastikas on their front doors.

Nice in their minds but eerie to an America.

I’d argue that it’s more eerie to people who were in the camps and were in Germany that didn’t fall under the “perfect” type. But who am I to know as I didn’t live through it. I can only learn from the past and move forward and not let history affect my every day life.

3 Likes

Um sure. I don’t think we have to argue hypotheticals but yes that’s probably true?

It’s honestly something I don’t think that should have been even brought up in the first place. You now forced those of us who never would have made the same connection you did about something in boundless to something in history. This is a game I leave all my knowledge of the outside world at the door. I play this game to enjoy it not think about something that once was.

2 Likes

Different cultures have different sensitivities. There is nothing wrong with awareness.

1 Like

There’s is. And there’s also those people who don’t want to come on these forums and see this kind of talk and are subjected to it unwilling now especially since the title of this post does not go hand in hand with the current conversation.

2 Likes

Drop the talk of this :poop:. Why is anyone giving this argument power, people see things a different way then another person. It’s a symbol throughout history and stands for different things. If anyone would actually look at the difference in the symbols they would see that the one for the achievement should be recognized for peace and happiness. I’m not going to have a cow because I see a cross somewhere because it’s not my concern, even though it was as well used to cause pain and anguish throughout the world through history. Though again alot of people know it for happiness, faith and belief. If you want to see how toxic and ignorant this discussion can become then go read the old I believe locked post about this from a year ago. Now can we drop this before this thread gets locked?!?

4 Likes

Just to track back to the OP…

There are others things with smart stacks that don’t make sense, eg ice.

Ice on its own makes an ice smart stack, but ice and glacier together also make an ice smart stack, I already suggested it be changed to ‘frozen’ smart stack when mixed.

I am sure there are other examples, maybe if people suggest them in this thread, the devs can change them all in one go?

1 Like

If we are talking about smart stacks that don’t make sense. How is a smart stack of liquid a thing. Shouldn’t it just be a puddle?

3 Likes

Well, its a smart puddle…

4 Likes

If that popped out of my liquid smart stack, my character would make another puddle.

4 Likes

If you offered me a million cubits to name any of the smart stacks that aren’t simply the mat type minus the modifier, I wouldn’t be able to. The names don’t bother me now but I wouldn’t even notice if they changed them.

1 Like