UMG claiming soundtracks on Youtube videos

Granted you aren’t a lawyer, nor can you issue a retraction. Either way… we shall see indeed.

1 Like

I emailed kongregate last night and received a reply a few moments ago stating they are aware of the issue and are actively working with youtube to correct.

4 Likes

I have also requested information on if the underlying cause of the strikes has been identified and what is being done to prevent further strikes from coming down.

2 Likes

YouTube did the exact opposite of what we requested; instead of stopping the DMCA actions, they doubled down. For those who responded, our lawyer has reached out to both you and YouTube. They’re now working on fixing this issue, and I’ll keep you posted as I get more updates.

16 Likes

Why though? That makes absolutely no sense. Logically, they’d work with a company to fix the issue rather than make the problem worse.
Sounds a lot like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing and vice versa…

2 Likes

Not only that… What happened that now all of a sudden Kongregate claimed the copyrights on the videos ???

2 Likes

I can’t speak on their behalf, maybe they got confused from the request… who knows.

2 Likes

Kongregate is owned by Monumental

1 Like

Ouch. That makes it even worse… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I am fully aware of that.
Monumental bought Boundless, Kongregate did not buy Boundless !

How came it about that now “Kongregate” is the copyright claimer and not “Monumental” ?

2 Likes

Send them an email if you want more info. Maybe tone it down a little on the forums. The aggressiveness is a bit much lately.

8 Likes

I am just asking for information, that is all.
Logic about what happened does not apply so we can ask questions about it right ?

I am already happy that at least some information is reveiled. Peoples videos/Youtube accounts are on the line here. It has personal impact. I do not want to loose my Youtube channel that I already have for over 11 years. Hope you understand that.

Maybe I should delete all my Boundless videos I have to be completely sure then ?

1 Like

We’re all in the same boat here and no, we don’t like it. But we are adults and can have some patience while it’s being worked on. No need to keep kicking someone while they’re trying to help. Let’s see what happens. I’ve already rec’d contact from youtube.

3 Likes

Just what YouTube decided to put, we never mentioned Kongregate, they just decided to use that.

2 Likes

If information is shared then people don’t end up with so many questions.

It gets frustrating to not get answers you know ! (and I am not the only one complaining about this)

1 Like

Youtube has millions of creators, millions of videos, millions of support requests, etc. They aren’t going to put us at the front of the support ticket queue because we shout louder or demand it. They’ll get back to people in the order complaints are rec’d (legal staff included).

2 Likes

I understand that and that is not a problem at all to me.

I find it weird that out of nowhere Youtube would use “Kongregate” as the one claiming the copyrights and not “Monumental”, especially when Tiggs wrote that she never mentioned the name “Kongregate”.

Oh well… let’s forget about it all, I will accept the fact that I won’t get the answers to my questions then.
I will delete my Boundless videos, just to play it safe.

(I am not aggressive though, I am Dutch and Dutch people are very direct in communication but never with bad intentions.)

1 Like

I can’t answer your question since I don’t know what they were thinking. You can delist them if you’re that worried no need to delete unless you’d like.

4 Likes

What is Boundless Bounce?

Don’t expect good or sane from YouTube; it was their monopoly to lose and they kept picking the most venal moves

2 Likes