Unable to press anything in menus/inventory

I logged in today because I’ve grown somewhat sick of Overwatch and TF2, I can’t click anything in the menu or inventory, I can press escape to open and close, E for inventory, but I can’t click anything.

1 Like

Sounds like your mouse is sick
Check keybinding and see what it say

1 Like

can’t go into options menu

What happened when you restarted the game? e.g. quit Steam, launch Steam and then launched Boundless?

I’m with the same problem. I’ve tried to restart the game, restart Steam and tried to reinstall Boundless, but nothing worked.

1 Like

Okay, I’m having this problem too. The only thing I can think of, is that I alt+tabbed out to check the wiki for something, and my mouse stopped working in the menus. I can use the scroll wheel in my inventory, but left and right click don’t seem to work. I restarted the game, and the problem seems to persist.

Hello @CommissarMouse. Did you tryed to change the key mapping of the left or/and right hand? For me, this is what usually causes this bug.
From my own personal experience, this can be fixed by going to “C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Local\Boundless” and deleting “boundless_auth.dat”. This will revert your key mapping to default :confused:

Note: Probably in your PC the location will be a little different.

I’ll give that a shot. So, just for the record, my power just went out, so I restarted my computer, and it’s still busted. I’ll come back with results in a minute.

Edit: Nope, didn’t work.

what type of computer are you using

The kind with a mouse and keyboard? I honestly don’t know what you mean. If you mean os, then Windows 10. I can’t remember what any of my parts are either.

OS was the question i forgot the word.

try deleting the .json for settings.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json.

2 Likes

might not work, but for everyone else this one has for sure worked. i have not seen @lesley64’s strategy work before, but if it works for lesley64, it’s all good.

Yeah, that worked. Thanks! The trigger seems to be switching the left and right mouse buttons. I customized my keybindings and everything was fine until I switched the mouse buttons.

yep, if you bind both mouse buttons to the same one, or maybe it’s bind both mouse options to left click, is a bug that has been logged. that is the general fix for it, and it’s just resetting to default

Nope, it’s truly “controls.json”. Sorry. I thought that the file I used to delete every time this bug happen was the one I posted up there(“boundless_auth.dat”), but I forgot to do some testing fist to confirm it.