Unplayable Connection around the same time for the past week

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue but for the past week on Angel I (for me specifically) I’ve been getting Unplayable Connection around 8pm est for the past week and it’s rather annoying when the evening is where I have free time to play. My connection speeds are fine with my Fibe 150MB service. I’m not streaming or downloading anything in the background but it has been something very consistent. During the day when/if I do have free time I can stream youtube and play without any issue but come around 8pm est ish I get this nonsense which is rather annoying… anyone having these issues can post they’re suggestion or what they have done when experiencing the same issue… FYI I’ve done the obvious… reboot modem, router, pc, steam and verify the game lol…
Might be even the snow fall from oortmas now that I think about it…

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably something with someone in your connectivity area or your ISP rather than a specific Boundless issue.

2 Likes

Everything else works fine during the day and evening except for boundless itself as soon as I get into the 8-9pm hour and it becomes annoying to play… I even had my modem switched out 2 days ago and using a new spare router and about 15 mins ago still getting the same issue… I’ve loaded other games and tasks to see if its an issue across the board (meaning from my end) and every seems to be running fine… My speed test is 0 ping ms, download 190 Mbps and upload 265Mbps. I can play on other planets except the server(s) running Angel I. If it was an issue from my end I’m sure the entire game would be unplayable @VerucaKatt .

Not saying you are wrong and all opinions/suggestions are appreciated… it’s just an annoying situation to go through for a consistent period of time.

Probably the same time everyday that their neighbour starts cruising the ‘hub. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Then a disconnect between your region/ISP and whatever server/region Angel is on, mostly because it always at the same time. Still not really a “game” issue, its further up the tree.

We don’t know for sure where the issue is, so it is good to not speak so definitively.

That said … it is still likely to be this kind of source for the issue.

@DaOne82, something that VerucaKatt mentioned above was the ‘someone in your connectivity area’ thing.

That’s related (I’d assume, I could be wrong) to “contention ratio” … which essentially means that of the people in your home’s immediate vacinity you may share a pipeline with 20 or 30 other households. This shouldn’t mean that they can take all that bandwidth, just that the ISP weights the access between them because they’re not usually going to be using all at the same time. Unless, of course … PRIME TIME TV and everyone’s watching the 4Ks …

Even so, that doesn’t feel right for this … not least because there’s a possibility that the fibre connection you have might be either a very low contention ratio, or point to point. Only you can really know or find this out.

Separately … What you could do to test a little further or provide a little more information if this does need to go under a proper support person’s nose (rather than us nobodies) would be:

1. Identify all the locales that the various planets that you’re looking at here are in.
  2. Test some other services, other than Boundless.
  3. Get some game logs (if that’s a thing).

One possible issue is simply that the servers that host that planet are being hit because it’s a common time that folks start gaming. For example ( example, folks, not the definitive, literal, only thing ever :wink: ) that you’re in the UK and only the problem planet is in the USA … and the time that you’re seeing issues is the time that kids or adults are starting to play the game. Or perhaps the same AWS servers are just pummeled by other things at the same time. All because it’s after finishing school in septic tank land.

Anyway … just me thinking aloud … hope you either find a way around this, or get into it properly, mate!

2 Likes

@MadManMoon Thank you for your input… it is much appreciated as well as VerucaKatt input is as well… I know that I’m the main user on the network because my parents are old school so they don’t do streaming and my brother uses little to no internet (few youtube videos and web browsing)… Even so when I’m the only one online I get these issues around the same time… Like VerucaKatt said could be my ISP having issues with the host server(s) of boundless. This issue has happened many times throughout the years until it eventually corrected itself. A while back someone mentioned something along the line to contact my ISP and have them change a port or something like that on their end and nothing really happened… Just gotten to the point where it has become annoying and to the point where I just wait it out until it fixes itself. I’ve connected to a remote server my friend has and streamed his movies to test the connections and he is setup in another country. I tried GTA V online and it worked flawlessly as well…

Going back to where you said the server(s) the planet is on could getting hit due to common busy times maybe one of the reasons since during the day Boundless runs flawlessly until about 8-9pm (Canadian Est Time).

But once again thank you for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya … Just so you know, and I’d hoped I’d made it clear, so apologies that I didn’t … I was actually speaking about other houses in your area, not the people that are literally on the same network in your house.

Oh … and regardless of anything 8-9pm is going to be the busiest time in any local area around the globe.

The main thrust of my post was that you need to provide more information, matey. :+1:

I dunno if it helps to know, but I play Boundless most of the time smoothly (low graphics tho b/c mactato) on a 4mbps cable.

1 Like

Also … check your computers task scheduling services.

In Windows this is Task Manager, if you don’t know how to navigate it there’s plenty of guides online. Look in there for update schedules, and also check your windows update settings to see if there’s any scheduled stuff there.

Again, I don’t think it’s related, because you’re speaking about one world in particular. Because all the other worlds are apparently OK, then you’d probably need to assess more geological stuff.

1 Like

I called my ISP and they changed my port from their end and hopefully this will resolve my issue (crosses fingers). I’m on Fibre to the home and everyone I know on my street are either old and on cable which is on a totally different ISP. I also left my modem unplugged over night to see if it will sign under a different port or whatever it does behind the scenes…

As for services everything is in check :slight_smile: … Guess the real test will be later on this evening otherwise it will be a boundLESS night for me lol… It’s been all the worlds tided to whatever server Angel I is in…

@Solgato Thank you for that suggestion… I’ve tried that last night with same results.

and @MadManMoon no need to apologize :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, so, FTTH highly diminishes or eliminates contention issues (dependent on the ISP setup, they may still contend at the cabinet or exchange) … However we’re still looking at a particular World, at 20:00 est.

Something in the back of my mind is that perhaps there’s a lingering issue with the AWS from the recent problems …

2 Likes

6-9pm what time zone?

@Solgato it usually happens between 8-9pm Canadian Est time… I will see what this late evening will be for me lol

1 Like

maybe someone is on the phoneline at the sametime
ow nevermind we 2021 lol

3 Likes

@the-moebius time were tough back with with phoneline internet lmao… miss that screeching noise my 56k modem would have when dialing on and my mom giving me sh… when she was expecting a phone call and it NEVER came haha…

4 Likes

I remember on a resort we where visiting as activity we rented a pc with internet for 2 hours had to wait 3 days for the waitlist to free up hahahaha

1 Like

This generation has it easy… not like what we had to go through haha

1 Like

Did you try whispering it sweet nothings? Maybe give it a hug? Gotta care for your precious.

2 Likes

i think we had it easy everything simple on planet earth current timez very weirdzz on planet wacko