Unskilling points bug? [SOLVED]

For @james and anyone else who may be able to assist

ok i remember a few months ago now (before the summer) when unskilling was introduced… everyone was saying we had 1 unskill point per level… i remember (as @Barneylee57 or @Barneylee27 i said… i only ever have a maximum of 3/3 unskill point )

Once again today… Nevermore (in-game) i don’t know his @ tag… he said yep we get one each level

As back then… it is still only 3/3 for me… and im level 24, so i beleive i have been missing out on unskilling certain things?

If this is the case, would it be possible for a 100% personal skill reset? so i have the ammount of points to spend as i should at level 24?

Barneylee27 character

If this is working as inteneded (3/3) then i apologize for any confusion

in case it is a bug… here is the proof

Yes, you gain 1 point each level, but the cap for unskill points or cleanse points is set at 3 at the moment.

So if you have 3 cleanse points and you level up, you’ll still be at 3.

ok but does that not confuse the situation? as in… makes it slightly unfair to those who dont realise? because there are so many skills i could have got, if i realised it was capped lol… not having a go, jusst explaining

Thanks @Dzchan94

I mean, I’m all for increasing the cap of cleanse points or as I’ve mentioned before the crafting of cleanse potions with the cleanse points you get after level 50, but I think that’s better suited for a suggestion post.

But I’m sure I read Luke mentioning they were gonna do some sort of reskilling thing weekly for Early Access.

Here it is

1 Like

ok so is that suggesting that… once a week … day to be decided dev side (or once a wek player choice and then locked for the week) we can recover all spent points and respec as we wish? or have i missed the context?

And thanks as always @Dzchan94 for coming to the rescue :slight_smile:

I think it would happen as previous skill resets when something big happens.

Players will log in to their character at the same level it was, with all the same, except that it will have all skills unlearned and you’ll have all skill points back, you go and pick the skills you want again.

As for how weekly is defined, I guess it will be pushed on the devs side every week, date and time to be decided by them. That’s a personal guess though, and nothing confirmed by a dev.

1 Like

thank you, but as that Update is comming soon… i gues having a temporay PLEASE NOTE: you are cpaed at 3/3 Cleanse points max, so to unlock more lceanse points you need to spend them warning would be redundant :slight_smile:
Marking as solved, unless a dev wants to give input here

Removed the SOLVED tag due to (i wish i took a screenshot for proof)

@Dzchan94 - from what you were saying above that each level i would be getting 3/3 cleanse points (because i never spent any before) - at least thats what i personally understood from what you were saying anyway?

I just leveld to 25 and only had 1/3 Cleanse points… so they do not aparently stack at least not for me… however i have no proof, because i already spent it…

Unless once again… i missed the context? if so i apologize

Yeah you get 1 per level for a Max of 3 at any point in time. But technically you can get them unlimitedly as you will “level up” pass 50. But if you are 3/3 your cleanse cap is full there for no additional cleanse points are rewarded. Either use them up or sit on them but you won’t be able to have any more than 3 cleanse points at any given point. (Until the update)

1 Like

so just to fully understand the situation… i have missed out all my levels so far (this has been explained and understand… i missed out… big deal :P)

so even with the ammount of Cleansing lost… i should still only have 1/3 per any given level - able to bank to a max of 3, but we earn an infinite ammount (currently and essentially?)

1 Like

Yes, you can still level up after 50, but you wont gain any skill points or levels.
You do gain cleanse points and plots for every time you level though.

That’s correct, this is only true until the next update which sounds like we will get a force cleanse of all skills weekly but possibly be allowed to save your skill set up for easy access.

interesting… so we will Auto wipe every week? it’s not optional? i think that will annoy some people (not me though who is always trying to find the best spec for my set :stuck_out_tongue: )

Once again marking as solved, thanks everyone - sorry for my misunderstanding @Dzchan94

We’re putting in a weekly skill reset, hopefully in the next update for Early Access but what form this takes in the final version is to be decided.

It doesn’t specify. I can’t say for sure.

1 Like