Unsure of ingame rules

sorry if this is redundant but i was wording with the launch of the game around the corner if anyone knows if there is somewhere posted on the forums with a list of “official” ingame rules with the devs aiming for a 7+ game it would be nice to know if something i do on other MMO’s is a no no on here.

i know of the more common sense rules that are in place(griefing,phallic building).
but im not sure on some things like i know there is a profanity filter ingame would that mean its ok to swear or if i did even with the filter would i get my hand slapped by a ingame mod/dev. also is more light hearted trolling ok.

stuff like this would be great to know

1 Like

I think you’re touching on a seriously important topic here.

I know that certain things have been discussed, such as malicious intentions regarding boxing people in with plots, locking people inside your own plots and forcing them to have to warp out, and dropping lava buckets on players (talking about a very old incident from the past here though).

Phallic buildings are obviously, like you said, a common sense no go, and griefing for the most part was solved with the beacon and plotting system.

But you’re right, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any official rules for this game. A dev’s input on this would be rather informative.

3 Likes

there is a profanity and parental settings option in the main menu

The unfortunate thing is even a 7 year old could toggle them :wink: i think they should be locked behind a code check or similar tbh

1 Like

I was literally about to say the same thing about that @Barneylee57 :wink:

1 Like

yea you are right i just checked and once you login to parental mode it stays logged in so a child can just easily toggle it back off making the whole thing pointless

i also just wanted to make sure that there was no rule like "just cuz we have a filter des not mean you can still do it " kind of thing for instance i know the forums have one but i have seen devs warn users for swearing(not trying to bypass it just letting it get censored out)

yea my biggest worry that poped into me head when looking for it was “i really hope we are not going to build them has needed” that will not end well alot of people will be able to go “well i did not know it was against the rules”

That’s not an official rule set unfortunately.

1 Like

No it isn’t but it was encouraged by devs to create one and that’s the closest we got so far.

did anything ever come out of that? i noticed that the thread is also almost a year old

It’s an unfinished product but sure we have a good frame there to start with now and come up with final version if needed. It’s a good reference point at the very least.

i feel its super needed tbh the rules prob shod have been posted at the start of the Head Start i feel as it stands right now you can go and do anything ingame grefing and all and the devs can only ban you on the grounds of “because we say so” they dont have a hard set of rules to point too and say “that’s what you did wrong”

4 Likes