Up to date block health chart?

Looking for a chart showing the damage you need to one hit blocks on each tier (not just rock, but trunks, mud etc). Is there one available or would I need to figure it all out for myself?

1 Like

I’ve been barking up this tree in my master damage calculation spreadsheet, check out the Blocks tab.

I’ll figure out a better way to get this info to everyone in the future, a nice website for you to set your build and see how it behaves on each planet, but it’s the holidays so none of that is happening for a while

4 Likes

awesome, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

That should make it easier to plan forging for certain tiers. Much appreciated

Gravel is the strongest substance in the universe. Much stronger than stone, iron, or even diamond.

If only we could find a way to make a handle stick in it to make tools without it falling apart!

2 Likes

I tried this experiment on a t6 the other day, got screwy results…

My base soft hp was 4800 when using my straight iron hammer (added up dmg reports on the right of game screen, around 1k dmg per hit / 1.4k on crits).

When i started using my low blow iron hammer in combination (it does around 300 dmg after armor) to narrow down health, total soft health seems to go up to around 5800, didnt make sense. I’ll redo with screenshots at some point in the week hopefully

Edit - trunks and mud/gravel are similar to stone in hp, with soils/ leaves / sand being the same (lower) base health as each other. If my iron axe 4shots wood, my iron hammer / shovel 4shot stone/gravel/mud

Afaict from rooting around in the data files, there are only three tiers of hp for blocks. The strongest one is reserved for the goodies, which both the game and my sheet call Seam HP. Everything else falls into two tiers I’ve shortened to soft and hard. The game breaks them down further into rock, soil, foliage, etc but the hp values end up the same. You just have to use the right tools.

If you use a shovel to break gravel it has the same hp as a rock. Any deviation is explained by skill points or forge effects

1 Like

Yup this is exactly how i understood and have experienced it in-game. That’s why i was surprised when i got weird hp rates on the same block using different / combination of tools. Will have to re-check to make sure I’m crazy :yum:

Just did this about a week ago
Values will be weak stuff (foliage, sand), strong (rocks, trunks, gravel), then ore

T1- 800, 1200, 2400
T2- same as T1
T3- 1200, 1800, 3600,
T4- 1600, 2400, 4800
T5- 2400, 3600, 7200
T6- 3200, 4800, 9600

{On top of this each tier has a damage reduction on tool base damage (may be on forged too, not sure about that one). So from t1 to t6, tool base damage in percent is 100, 100, 75, 50, 0, and t6 actually digs into your skill damage by 200 straight damage.}- disregard this part :sweat_smile:

Also using the wrong tool is only 25% effective

1 Like

Your calc is slightly different than mine, I had seen armor values for each tier as well and added them into the total hp. Is that not how they work?

Also what is the tool penalty per tier you mention? How could a multiplier be 0%?

The 0% means that all damage done to blocks on T5 is skill based. So a character without any power, mastery, or tool epic can’t even scratch it. T6 is the same but minus 200 damage from damage provided by skills.

I did this with copper tools.
Just jumped back in though, and it’s a bit more complicated with tools than I thought

I’m pretty sure in my testing:

Each Armor Icon = -100dmg PER HIT, per armor

1 Like

Yeah, this is legit. So those percentages only work with copper tools.
I actually didn’t really know what those hearts were :sweat_smile:

Armor should never never be counted with block hp!

Reason for this is as crete said, armor affects every hit. You have to subtract armor from your tool dmg to know how much hp you remove per hit. This isnt important if you 1shot blocks, but it rapidly escalates the more hits you need. (Think of it like compound interest on a loan…)

hit - armor = hp; Tier 6 for example:
To 1shot rocks : hit - 400 = 4800,
dmg needed = 5200.
To 2shot rock: 2hit - 800 = 4800,
dmg needed = 2800
To 3shot rock: 3hit - 1200 = 4800,
dmg needed = 2000
To 4shot : " " " dmg needed = 1600
To 5shot: dmg needed = 1360

You can see here that a small amount of extra damage rapidly reduces # of hits needed, so theres no point in forging higher dmg if you wont reach the next lvl.

I’ll have to update the BPS calcs in my doc this week. They’re slightly off on the 2shot+ scenarios then